5th Outcome

5th Outcome

The 5th Outcome lies on the essence of possibility, unpredictability, predictability, and the evergrowing existence of the infinite amount of "paths" something can take, for example a coin could land on heads or tails, do it 4 times and statistically speaking heads should land 50% of the time, and tails should land 50% of the time. 2 Heads and 2 Tails, now tell me, what happens when you flip the coin a 5th time? What should it land on? No clue right? It could not even land on a side at all, it could land straight up, it could land spinning, it could land hitting a surface hard enough to land on one side and flip to another, or land on one side, bounce up, and land on the same side again. This is the most comprehensive example of the 5th Outcome one can give.

When a creature reaches the 5th Outcome, it usually happens when they are in a place outside most restraints of the basic planes of reality, such as being in the 4th Dimension which some entities come from the 5th Outcome once something inside of the 5th Outcome is provided with an "Answer", remember the coin example from before? Every time we have an answer, it will create into a new existence of an Eldritch beings dreams that becomes the 4th Dimension and 3 Worlds.

However, should someone enter this realm, there are some things to know, especially since entering can have severe consequences for the unprepared..

One of the easiest way to enter is to challenge an Eldritch Outer God or Abomination to a game, a game that can reach a 5th Round, with both sides requiring winning 2 rounds each (should it be something as simple as a coin toss which is how one of the first creatures to enter the 5th Outcome in the first place.), then enter the 5th round without giving an "answer" to the outcome of the round, using the coin example this would be by flipping the coin without guessing which it will land on, both sides would need to avoid this thought to create the true opening of the 5th Outcomes mystery and possible nature. The game does not need to actually last up to 5 rounds just so long as it can end in a tie and provide a mystery to whom the winner or result may be.

5th Outcome Trials

Upon entering the 5th Outcome, you will have found yourself in a neutral state in a vast otherworldly space containing countless Fragments. These Fragments or "Shards", even the smallest of them each contain an infinite amount of timelines with an infinite amount of possibilities, entering the 5th Outcome in this sense is the same as witnessing the Multiverse from an outside perspective. Upon first entering the entity that appears has no control over how their surroundings appear

Most Fragments have a great briliance to them. A Fragment can become cracked and break apart by a higher power, changing the fate within that timeline. Putting the Fragment back together will however show a different future if it doesn't perfectly repair it.

Touching a single fragment will flood the persons consciousness with the infinite possibilities, progressively forcing them to live out each and every timeline where they are everything they love, hate, who they are, what they do even if the only thing that changes is them waking up 0.01 seconds earlier/later with everything else remaining the same or completely different, they could also be born thousands of years apart from where they originated, or be a completely different species entirely!

Upon touching a fragment the entity becomes a "Reader" and gains the "Reader Authority" which if they do not die from living in infinite timelines, they have a much easier time touching the other fragments and can then move them.

It is at this point where the one within the 5th Outcome still having infinite choices, is bound to do one of two things.

1. Either they will decide to sit down somewhere and watch from "afar" different timelines go down as if reading a book or watching a show.