Chapter 7

A few months Later….

Issei woke up from his bed the same way he had for the past few months. He went through the normal morning routine of having a shower, brushing his teeth, and getting dressed (not in that order). and heading downstairs to meet with the peerage as they drank tea and waited for him to join them before heading to the school. He walked beside Rias who gave him a warm hug and then gave him a gentle kiss that warmed his spirit. He smiled happily as he continued to walk with everyone until he heard the voice of his trusty partner shouting at him.

Ddraig: Move, Issei! Move out of the way!

A giant ball of fire came in the direction of the young man who stood in the middle of the arena unaware of the danger which he was in. When he heard the dragon call out to him, his eyes widened, and he quickly forced himself to move out of the way to which the fireball passed and crashed into the wall a few feet behind.

Issei: Ddraig, what was that?

Ddraig: It seems our opponents are well-versed in illusion magic!

Issei: That was a very strong spell that they used!

Announcer #3: Oh, that was so close to being the end of the match, but your hero shook it off and dodged the attack.

Announcer #2: Yes, Rodger. Many of the fans were shouting towards their hero which i believe helped him wake up from the illusion.

Announcer #1: Welcome back everyone to today's main event of Team Z-arc vs Team Retsuza of the eastern Youkai faction. It has been a tough battle for the Youkai team as team Z-arc has run through a large majority of their team.

Announcer #3: What makes it worse is that team Z-arc is competing with an incomplete team. They are still missing their bishops and rooks and knights however judging by the amount of power the pawns are outputting this battle should be done.

Announcer #2: True true, oh what is this gesture, Bartneeli.

Announcer #1: That’s the gesture he has shown in the other rating games when he is signalling for the end.

Issei stood up a few feet away from his opponent who could be seen hunched over gasping for air, the ground underneath the young youkai dipped heavily forming a creator and due to the amount of sweat that he secreted it began forming a slight puddle that showed the reflection of the youkia. He had many humanoid features however what made him different was that other features looked like he was infused with a ferret.

Retsuza: Issei: I’m not going to lay down and allow you to finish me like some sort of peasant, I'm one of the deputy members of the eastern youkai faction and we don’t go down easily.

Issei showed a slight smirk on his face as he readied a power which most have not seen, it began by enveloping his right arm and then continued to rise and envelope the rest of the body until soon he was covered with a scary aura that was concentrated close to that of Sirzechs in his normal form.

Issei: I’m happy you have said this as I was going to keep going to see what you can take, and since you are here helping me entertain my fans, I will oblige and keep going.

Announcer #1: Oh, did you hear that everyone, your hero has been listening to your request for more carnage and destruction and he has vowed to entertain you!

The crowd erupted when they heard the announcer mention their hero's promise soon began a chant calling out his name. “Issei, Issei, Issei!” This caused the young man to tear up as the emotion inside overwhelmed him, as he did his opponent took this opportunity to attack the young man with an attack that narrowly missed his chin due to him leaning back which caused the youkai to stagger in amazement at the reaction speed that he had.