Chapter 1: Along

Along the spacious hallway of a grand structure, a faint beeping echoed, signaling the approach of dawn. Near the middle of the corridor, a large door stood adorned with intricate designs, its imposing presence marked by two prominent symbols. On the right, a crest half-embedded in the wood, surrounded by rings and cryptic writing. On the left, a menacing emblem, half of a legendary crest, with a horn and wings evoking a sense of foreboding.

Beyond the door, in a vast open room, an Alaska king size bed took center stage, its pillars reaching towards the ceiling. Nestled within its confines lay a young man, Issei, his muscular frame covered by silk sheets, his slumber undisturbed by the increasing beeping.

Out of thin air a bright green ray of light illuminated the room, slightly blinding the wandering ghosts that dwelled around. After a second of the blinding light it subsided to a small point under the covers of the bed. Seconds of staring at the orb seemed fruitful as it began moving from its position and started moving towards the head of the young man, however when it got around 75% to the target, it diverted its attention to the upper left hand side of the bed towards the night stand where the noise was coming from.

The night stand was white and stood at a height of 1.5 feet with two cupboards, at the top a red and green lamp stood tall towering over the minute objects next to it such as a mirror, a cup of water which was half empty and the main culprit of the noise the alarm clock. The orb finally reached the barrier which held its freedom but chose to continue, just before the orb could be seen the tips of fingers appeared then all four sprung up and as it reached the dorsal side of the hand the orb was finally seen shining brightly as it rested comfortably.

Not long after appearing from the covers it stretched out towards the nightstand and almost touched the side, however it seemed like it reached its limit as it only caught air. Noticing its shortcoming it decided to grab the edge of the bed and mustering up as much strength as possible began pulling the semi dead carcass which it was attached to. It heaved and ho'd until it felt a sense of cooperation from the main body as it shifted slightly towards the side of the arm, this continued a few more times before the arm finally recognised that it had achieved its secondary mission, it then darted towards its main mission of shutting the alarm off and waking up the young man who it was attached to.

Smack, echoed the noise as the arm dramatically crushed the alarm clock on top of the stand leaving large amounts of debris scattering around the room. The arm then proceeded to open the top drawer of the night stand to which various other broken alarms lay rest in what seemed like a graveyard. It slid the former alarm clock that rested on the stand inside the drawer before closing it and opening the second drawer slightly lower than the first where another alarm clock sat ready for operation, sadly this was the final clock inside the drawer but the arm seemed happy to see that it was the last one.

Shortly after putting the new clock on the nightstand the arm then lept from the stand and landed just beside the young man's head.

"Now if you want your hearing to remain, I advise you to wake up and get ready for training and school"

Silence, nothing but silent breathing filled the surrounding area which annoyed the arm. It waited a little longer to see if the message had gone through but still no answer, no acknowledgement of the demand that he gave which gave the arm its confirmation to continue with its threat. Just then the arm stood on all five fingers readying to commence its revenge and then began to yell to wake the young man up, however a large object crushed the arm underneath it preventing it from continuing its mission.

"I'm awake, You don't need to shout to wake me up, " spoke the young man as he lazily got up from bed and wiped his mouth which at this point was slightly dry. He leaned forward to a point where he sat up straight and lifted his left hand side to begin conversing with the being situated inside the orb.