9.

Don't forget to vote and Comment guys!

It's a long chapter, so enjoy.

Luke kept rubbing Miray's back gently until she drifted to sleep again. She only woke up when she felt Luke open the door next to her. Though this time she stood up before he could scoop her into his arms and reassured him she could walk on her own. 

Luke let her walk, placing an arm around her shoulder to keep her steady.

The moment they entered the kitchen, Miray's heart leaped with joy, and she squealed in happiness as she saw Damian sitting on the stool she had occupied earlier. 

Without hesitation, she rushed towards him, her face breaking into a radiant smile. "DAMIAN!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with excitement, as she enveloped him in a tight hug.

Damian returned her embrace with equal fervor, his arms wrapping around her tenderly. It had been two long weeks since they had last seen each other, and Miray had missed him terribly.

"You're back!" she exclaimed, her grip on him tightening as she buried her face deeper into his neck. "Missed you so much," she murmured, her words muffled against his skin.

Damian's arms tightened around Miray in response to her enthusiastic embrace. He chuckled softly, the sound vibrating against her ear as he held her close. "Missed you more, sweetheart," he replied warmly, his voice filled with affection.

He pulled back slightly to gaze at her lovely face, a pang of concern tugging at his heart as he noticed the exhaustion etched in her features. "How's my baby doing?" he inquired, his voice tinged with worry, even though he tried to mask it.

With his arm wrapped around her waist, he began to gently rub her arm as Miray shifted to sit more comfortably on his lap, her hands still resting affectionately around his neck as she offered him a sweet smile.

"Eh, as you can see, barely surviving while you're away," she replied with a soft chuckle, scrunching her nose adorably.

Damian's expression fell, "Darling, are you eating and sleeping well?" he asked, genuine concern evident in his voice. 

Miray opened her mouth to respond, but before she could, Noah entered the kitchen with a plate in his hand. He nodded at her with a smile and moved to place the plate in the sink, and only then did she notice Vince standing near the fridge.

He looked freshly showered, with strands of dark hair still slightly damp and tousled. Dressed in a simple black t-shirt and black jeans, the fabric clinging just enough to highlight the contours of his body. 

The moment their eyes met, she quickly looked away, her hands around Damian's neck gripping his t-shirt tightly.

Vince's gaze kept fixed on her, his eyes lingering on her with an intensity that made her uneasy. She shifted slightly in Damian's embrace, a flicker of discomfort crossing her features as she became aware of his unwavering stare.

"What's wrong, love?" Damian asked, sensing her body tensing with concern.

Miray shrugged, attempting to dismiss her unease. "Nothing, just missed you... a lot," she added, resting her head on his shoulder and hiding away from Vince's intense gaze.

"Rei-" Before Vince could finish his sentence, Miray spoke over him, her voice tinged with nervousness as she addressed Damian. "Are you going to stay?" she asked hurriedly, her tone slightly louder than usual, her eyes searching his for reassurance.