6.Let's be Friends

Start from the beginning

Unfortunately, luck was not on Wei Ying's side as a hand grabbed him from behind and pulled his ear. "Ahhhhhhh, my ears! Mother, leave it," he exclaimed.

Madam Yu dragged him into the middle of the porch area. "Ahhhh, Mother, please, it's hurting."

"You stupid brat of mine, I told you not to go outside, but you never listen to me," she scolded, releasing his ear in concern which was now turning red but her face still angry.

Hearing the commotion, Jiang Fengmian, Yanli, and Jiang Cheng came out along with a few servants and disciples. They saw Madam Yu looking furious with Wuxian. They noticed that Wuxian's appearance was not good-his clothes were dirty, his hair was untidy, and he was slightly wet.

"You never obey what I say. I told you not to go out. You know Huangwang Jun is already here from Gusu, and tomorrow more people will arrive. What if he see you like this?" Madam Yu's voice was emotional as she put her hand on his left cheek. "A'xian, please try to understand. You are an omega, and we need to find a suitable mate for you who will protect and love you. If you behave like this, how will any alpha like you?"

Jiang Fengmian stepped forward and placed his hand on Madam Yu's shoulder to calm her down. Wei Ying also became emotional, tears welling up in his eyes as he watched his mother crying in his father's arms.

He said, "I am sorry, Mother," as he held her shoulder. "A'xian will not disobey you," he said, looking down and pouting cutely. His mother forgave him, but as a punishment, he had to kneel down in the ancestors' hall for two hours straight.

After everyone had returned to their rooms, Wei Ying went back to his own room. He couldn't stop thinking about the name Huangwang Jun. He had heard this name before-it was said that this alpha was incredibly skilled and talented, unmatched in swordsmanship. Wei Ying also recalled hearing about how handsome Huangwang Jun was. Suddenly, he remembered the person he had encountered while playing in the water earlier.

Wei Ying abruptly stood up from his bed, his mind racing with thoughts. 'What if the person I encountered today was Huangwang Jun himself?' His eyes widened in realization. "I'm totally done for! Mother will kill me!" Wei Ying exclaimed, feeling doomed by the situation.

*******
On the other side, Wangji calmed down after some meditation. He had his evening meal and after discussing a few things with his disciples, he left for his room to sleep. He eagerly awaited for the next day so, he could see the omega again.

The next day, after breakfast, they left the inn and headed towards Lotus Cove. Wangji had many thoughts in his head, but his facial expression remained neutral as always.

They arrived at the gates where a few disciples from the Jiang clan went to inform the sect leader of their arrival. Fengmian came out to welcome them inside.
Wangji greeted him respectfully, and Fengmian returned the gesture.

Fengmian asked about Wangji's journey towards Yunmeng, and Wangji replied that it went well.
Fengmian then led them towards their rooms, which he had already arranged in the guest quarters.

Wangji went to his allocated room. It had a pleasing aesthetic, and he could smell the fragrance of lotuses in the air. There was a pond beside his room, adorned with beautiful lotuses everywhere. He stepped outside and sat beside the pond with his zither Wangji, and began to play.

Wangji was deeply immersed in playing the zither when he suddenly stopped upon hearing a knock on the door. He went to open it and saw a Jiang disciple standing there with a teapot, water, and other necessary items. Wangji stepped aside to allow the disciple to enter and set down the items on the table and behind the privacy screen.