11. Just the correct balance.

As the day draws to a close, my mind remains preoccupied with the events preceding lunch

As the day draws to a close, my mind remains preoccupied with the events preceding lunch. Glancing at my watch, I note it's already 7 PM when a soft knock interrupts my thoughts. My secretary enters, bearing news from the New York branch, "Sir, a two-week visit is required for paperwork and signatures, with schedules tailored to your needs. Additionally, there's chatter among the directors about Mr. Rathore's impending retirement next year, sparking discussions on his successor."

"Where did you hear about it?" I inquire, intrigued by Garv's unexpected insight. While it was a topic my father had broached before, I'd been hesitant, believing his continued presence was essential.

"This afternoon, while fixing myself some coffee, I overheard chatter about it," Garv explains. "I feigned curiosity and discovered Mr. Kulkarni discussing it. Apparently, his daughter, a new intern, inadvertently spilled the news during drinks last night."

"Interesting," I mused, considering Garv's revelation. Despite his unassuming appearance, Garv possessed a knack for gathering information. His innocent facade afforded him access to conversations and spaces others might overlook. While many assumed he remained solely for the paycheck, Garv had proven himself a valuable asset, operating discreetly behind the scenes and I valued his loyalty and discretion.

I motion for Garv to join me at the desk, where he settles into the chair opposite mine and reviews the file. Meanwhile, I'm formulating a strategy on how to address the matter and handle the directors. I'm adamant about maintaining control over the selection of the next chairman; it's a position that has always been and will remain mine. However, navigating this topic has been particularly delicate ever since I assumed the role of CEO, especially given the circumstances surrounding the NY branch.

"Garv, gather intel on the activities of our directors. I want to know their whereabouts and schedules, including any golf outings they have planned. Inform our team discreetly, and regarding the transfer, keep it under wraps here and make it appear as though I'll be absent for the entire year. Also, ensure Richard (MD, NY branch) maintains confidentiality," I instruct him, grabbing my coat and keys.

"Understood, sir. And about what happened this morning, should I take any action?" Garv asks, his smile almost provoking me to punch him.

"Just because you haven't irked me lately doesn't mean you have free rein to meddle in that matter. As for assisting me with it, keep your mouth shut," I shoot him a stern glance before heading towards the door, leaving him to lock up after me.

Pausing at the threshold, I pivot and face him. "You have another task. Compile a list of strategies to impress a girl and outline what women typically appreciate." His smirk is unmistakable.

"But sir, Miss Ayana is unlike any other girl, so should I tailor the notes specifically according to her?"

This guy deserves a serious reprimand. "Just do it," I reply curtly, without turning back, though I catch the sound of his chuckle.

As I drive home, my mind continues to drift back to Ayana, occupying my thoughts amidst the chatter around me. Suddenly, my phone rings, displaying Vri's name. I answer, only to be greeted by an excited squeal. "Mamu, mamu..."

"Ha Vivi, bolo kya hua?"

"Mamu, mujhe ice cream chahiye."

"Okay princess Vivi."

I hear her passing the phone to her mom amidst her cheers about getting ice cream.

"Rudy, mujhe bhi ice cream chahiye." Vrindha asks her voice just like Vivi's

"Okay, thum dono keliye chocolate?"

"Vivi keliye Chocolate chocochip aur mere liye mint Choco."

"Okay mei leke aunga." 

I enter the store to grab the ice cream, and just as I reach for the chocolate one, another hand reaches for it at the same time. I look up and see Ayana, whose expression changes from neutral to startled. Lost in her captivating eyes, which are not black but a shade for chocolate brown to Dark Chocolate. Not so dark, not so light. Just the correct balance. I realize I've been mesmerized. She quickly withdraws her hand, snapping me back to reality. I watch as she gathers her cart and attempts to walk away, but I grab the last ice cream and follow behind her.

At the checkout, her transaction takes longer than mine, as she has more items. Once outside, I wait, hoping for an opportunity to make amends. It's evident we're heading in the same direction, so I might as well offer her a ride.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Here comes our other main character Garv Sharma, the secretary. Even he knows about Ayana, but how? We will find out later.

And AYANA's ice cream is now with RAJAT. What do you all think will happen next?