Chapter 8

Kenta took some time to be able to tell her everything, allowing what processed through his head to come out of his mouth. "The beta's kid was being an annoying brat, so I decided to teach him a lesson."

"What did he tell you?" Mayu wanted to know what happened and how it happened.

Kenta was avoiding the question; she grunted to sit up when Kenta worriedly went to her side. "Don't strain yourself." He told her. Trying to help her sit up, he remained by her side.

"Kenta, sit." He patted for Kenta to sit on the edge of her hospital bed and did what she said. "I know you would not have fought back unless it was reasonable. You are like my children. You are like my son. It would be best if you didn't push me away. Let me in." She patted his head, smiling at him with the assurance that she would not get upset with him.

"He told me that I didn't have any parents nor family and that a werewolf that is an alpha like me doesn't deserve to be there."

Hugging him, she nuzzled her head against his with a hint of tears. "As I said, you did something reasonable. But, unfortunately, what he said wasn't right. His dad's fault for not teaching him right and wrong." Staring down at Kenta, he looked close to tears and stopped himself.

"The likes of him won't easily sway me. He did a few good hits on me, but I managed to heal quickly." He felt around his rib and then to his stomach. "I don't even know how I managed to survive."

'Of course, you wouldn't know. Aunt has to take care of you.' Mayu combed his hair with her hands and sighed with relief that the Guardian Bond was there. "It's good that you healed quickly. I don't know what I would have done if I found that you were killed. I won't easily let them go." She could see some sense of trouble on Kenta's face.

"Aunt Mayu, I no longer want to leave you and my baby sisters." Kenta had thought hard about it, knowing that his family had just encountered something like this.

"Kenta, I didn't want to let you go before, but I don't want you to feel entrapped by me. I may be your aunt and help guide you to the right path, but you are an alpha born to lead a strong pack one day. I can't hold you back from what you and your wolf want to do." (Mayu)

"Aunt Mayu..." Kenta grumbled, hugging his aunt while taking her scent in. "Aunt... I always feel like the Moon Goddess sent you down to protect my sisters and me. My parents always told me that the Moon Goddess keeps an eye on us and protects us. So I think she sent you to us."

A little taken aback, Mayu didn't think he would have come to that thought. "Kenta, you and your sisters, are my precious family, and it would have happened either way that I found you. So why don't you show those wolves you will not be messed with." So encouraging him; she didn't want him to feel like he was being dragged down.

"I'm not leaving you yet. I want to make sure that you all get home safe after." Kenta grunted, looking at his aunt, who was trying to have him go back.

"Hehe, alright." After three days of staying in the hospital, Mayu was finally discharged. They attempted to carry Suzu when Kenta took her instead, preventing Mayu from holding her.

"Aunt Mayu, you need to rest. You are injured and can't have those stitches open again." Kenta gave Mayu a look to relax and not do any hard work.

'Geez, it seems he is still worried.' Mayu could only smile while holding onto Yuna's hand.

Making their way home, Mayu sensed wolves at the front of her home. Beta Kasen was there; he didn't look too pleased by them. "What do you all want?" Pushing her children to stay behind her, Kenta only released a growl as a warning.

"Ms. Nakano, your nephew has caused quite the trouble in our camp."

Mayu knew it must involve Beta Kasen's son, whom Kenta dealt with. "Hmph, what kind of trouble are you referring to? The one where a child bullies another for having no parents or the adults who are supposed to be responsible for the children to stop?" Mayu didn't have it; she crossed her arms over her chest. Then, staring at Beta Kasen, who was angered, she walked past the wolves with her children. "Kenta, take your sisters inside."

"Aunt Mayu?!" (Kenta)

"Now!" Mayu had never raised her voice before, but she didn't want them to all see what she had been hiding from them. Kenta grumbled angrily, listening to her as he carried his sisters inside. She turned to look at Beta Kasen, then the other wolves that had not shifted. "It is irresponsible for adults like yourself to let children fight at this young age. I allowed my nephew to go and train since he made the decision, but it seems you all don't know anything about care." Feeling a sudden clutch at her throat, she grunted while holding the hand that held her.

"I was holding on to my patience for a long time. But, unfortunately, it seems it is running out just about now." Beta Kasen tightened her throat. She was about to change her form when Kenta ran out and shifted.

Kenta's wolf clamped down on Beta Kasen's arm; he had managed to get Mayu out of Beta Kasen's hold. Then, seeing his aunt fall to the ground while taking deep breaths, he flipped Beta Kasen, who shifted into his wolf before he could topple into his human form.

[Kenta! Do you know what you are doing if you are disobeying me?!] Beta Kesan shouted through their wolf, looking at the boy defying him.

[I know exactly what I mean! Anyone who tries to hurt my family is my enemy! I prefer to be labeled a rogue than to follow a stupid pack like yours!] Kenta growled even more while baring his teeth at them.

"Kenta!" Mayu shouted, weakly getting up with shaking legs; she walked over to him and hugged him. "Don't. You don't need to fight these monsters." Rubbing his back, she let out a weak sigh and could feel her wounds healing quickly. She then stretched her hand over his eyes and then to her home. All three of the children had fallen asleep from her powers. 'It seems as though I can finally do it.' Standing up, she went closer to the wolves that were around. "I would rather not do this, but it seems those who use others for their greed and selfishness and are the children of the Moon Goddess do not deserve to know the secrets of my existence." Moving her hand in front of them, the wolves didn't know what she meant as darkness overcame them.