FTK | 014

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
FOR TROUBLED KIDS

KATALEYA SIMONI BROOKS
SATURDAY EVENING
DECEMBER 3rd, 2022.

"BOY STOP, THIS shit is serious." She widened her eyes in a playful manner as she looked on at legacy who was standing on the other side of the table.

"I'm trying but I don't see how you interested in this shit. I'm bored." He frowned , taking another label off the paper it was sticking to - and applied it the container.

"Well why did you wanna help so bad." She replied flippantly, using the piping tool to swirl some of the body butter product she had just made in another sixteen ounce container.

"You know why. So I can spend time with you, duh." He raised his eyebrows like it was the most simple answer in the world which he was sure it was. It wasn't rocket science of anything.

"Well, it's not my fault. This how I get money at this place." She reminded him, and he rolled his eyes. He tried to give her money a lot but she rarely accepted. He never minded sharing because it was from his mom anyway.

He would milk her dry as long as she gave him the option to do so.

"If you wanna go hang out with Ty and KJ until I'm done that's fine legacy. My feelings are not gonna be hurt." She assured him, twisting the clear top on the clear container and passing it over to him to add a label sticker with the scent on it.

"Nah, they boring." He denied shaking his head easily.

"Legacy no you didn't." She bursted out into laughter, and the side of his mouth twitched as he smiled slightly. "You literally just said you were bored not even a full minute ago." She kept laughing.

"I honestly don't recall." He shook his head denying such allegations made against him. "When are we gonna finish leyaaaa." He dragged out sitting the container with the group of others.

"This is my last one," she promised, swirling the product in the container nicely. This was her first time trying to make them look nice and pretty with color instead of the bland white she had been doing. She was successful with it too which only encouraged her more.

Once she twisted the cap on the last one, she passed it to legacy to put a label on while she started putting all the ones that were done in the backpack she was holding.

"Thank you so much, you a life saver. Them mufuckas in my dorm starting to get greedy and I need my own shit too." She frowned. The word spread fast about her stuff, and she was happy she was able to find a hustle on the side that helped her make money but they weren't leaving anything for her.

They never wanted to buy anything less than two containers at once. "You straight, I'm surprised they gave you permission to do this." He passed her the last one and she stuffed it in her bag.

"Yeah, I just told her I make stuff for me and she was like cool. She ain't care." She muttered, zipping the bag up. She was referring to how they had did everything in science lab since she needed a lot of table space. "I gotta return the key tomorrow." She informed him and he nodded.

They walked out of the lab after cleaning everything throughly as instructed, and then she locked up. They left the main building and bones shook his head at the sight of Khalil and a few others.

"That is so ghetto, is that Zee?" She questioned, squinting her eyes and furrowing her eyebrows.

He looked, and nodded once he saw zahari on the side of khalil who had a pair of dice in his hand. "Yep. That's Khalil way of getting money. He always shooting dice." He informed her.