FTK | 009

⚠️⚠️⚠️
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
FOR TROUBLED KIDS

KATALEYA SIMONI BROOKS
MONDAY AFTERNOON
NOVEMBER 21st 2022

IT WAS THE first day of thanksgiving break, and currently Kataleya was so bored out her mind.

She meant it when she said that she wasn't going back home, and she was trying her best to make good on it. She had been going to boarding school for two and a half months now -and she would rather stay there then home any day.

It took her a while to realize because she was so blinded by hurt and anger, but being sent there was exactly what she wanted. She wanted to get away from the house that she shared with her step father, mother and sometimes step sister, and she was successful.

She wasn't with her dad like she preferred, but she was even further away, and nothing made her more happier then that.

The girl was pulled out of her thoughts once her door flung open, and she rolled her eyes holding back a smirk seeing legacy standing there. "You have no respect. Knock first." She scolded him.

"Sorry." He responded sincerely, closing the door behind him , letting his spray ground back pack slide from off of his shoulder into his palm.

"What you doing here, I thought you went home." She sat up in her bed, scooting all the way over towards the wall so that he could sit next to her.

The two had been growing close as friends for over two months. Last month, they upgraded from hanging out in the library, and in the garden, to going to each others dorms. They hadn't looked back since.

It was way easier, and Zee and tyshawn never minded since those were their roommates.

"I never go home during breaks, unless it's summer." He replied honestly, sliding his crocs off climbing in her bed-staying at a respectable distance. "I stopped at the vending machine though." He passed his bag full of snacks.

The boy was always getting her food, and sometimes even money.  She really liked that the boy was thoughtful. She had told him one time that her mom didn't send her money and it was all he had to hear.

"Thank you kindly." She nodded once unzipping the bag.

"Can we talk about something?" Legacy asked once the room got quiet. After being friends with her for a nice amount of time, he was curious as to a couple of things. He also knew that if he asked, she would want him to reciprocate so he had to prepare himself before he initiated the conversation.

"Yeah, wassup?" She thought nothing of it. She always tried to get legacy to talk more and he was improving. She didn't realize he only talked so comfortably with her, but she didn't have to know that and he didn't plan on letting her find out. Her ego would only grow larger.

Even his bestfriends wondered why he was so comfortable with her. He wanted to tell them just because he felt like he was keeping secrets. He just didn't know how to tell them that she stopped him from harming himself-and talked him out of it. He had a lot of respect for her.

"Why you don't wanna go home?"

She opened the small bag of hot fries and ate three at a time. "Me and my momma ain't cool." She shrugged.