FTK | 003

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
FOR TROUBLED KIDS

(UNKNOWN) DAYLION HENDRIX
SATURDAY NIGHT
AUGUST 6th, 2022

BONES LICKED OVER his plump lips as he sat in the large main hall-which in other words meant where the students ate.

Everybody around him was digging in to the various options of food scattered on the tables, catching up with each other, meeting the new faces, while waiting for their headmaster to speak.

It was the same thing every year. He had been going to brooksdale since ninth grade, and it was now his senior year.

He was a little bitter sweet about it. Without this place he had no idea what life had in store for him. He never would've thought going to a boarding school would save his life.

He felt like when it was over and he graduated he would be so useless to the world. He could be who ever he wanted here, away from his real dysfunctional home life.

He hated the summers when he had no choice but to go home, he even stayed at school over breaks preferring to be at school then at home.

"Boy...hellooooo" Tyshawn, one of his bestfriends snapped his fingers in his face to break him from his thoughts. "Earth to-nigga hush." Bones cut him off, smirking.

He reached his hand up towards his ear, and twisted the notch on his right hearing aid to turn it back on. The boy wasn't completely deaf in his ear, but the hearing aid enhanced his listening ability so everything didn't sound muffled like he was under water and was more clear.

"Oh I was just seeing cause you know , only crazy people zone out for that long." Tyshawn shrugged, adjusting his all black beanie on his head. "Anyway, you think that boy right there cute?" He questioned.

Bones smacked his teeth, "don't start wit me ty." He warned his friend, side eyeing him.

Tyshawn giggled. "What? I was just wondering. He a little fine, I wonder if he like boys." He kept his eyes on the random boy sitting two tables over.

"If he did I doubt he would want yo ugly ass." Bones muttered raising his eyebrows and tyshawn smirked at his version of a joke-or teasing.

Joking was something he struggled with because he always had a stoic face, and a flat tone when speaking. You never knew if he was serious or playing around. Tyshawn did though-they had been bestfriends since ninth grade when both of them got sent to this school.

For different reasons of course. Tyshawns parents sent him because they didn't accept him being gay, but he loved it there. Bones, also had issues with his parents, and once again he loved it there as well.

Bones never seen an issue in tyshawn liking boys. They were strictly platonic, and as long as boundaries were set between the two there had never been any issues.

There was no issue with being friends with someone who liked the same gender that they were, or something along the lines of that. Females did it all the time.

Plus, tyshawn was hilarious and could always lift the mood. Who wouldn't want to be friends with him. 

"Damn, I been lookin for y'all ass." Khalil sighed out in relief, sitting his tray on the table and sat in the empty spot across from tyshawn and bones.