Chapter 3

"Is he calm?" Whispers were exchanged between young men, who sat in a circle while glancing at a certain direction on upstairs from time to time. Perhaps their tensed minds made them forget that whispers don't work for werewolves who has heightened senses than human, if you want to hide it.

"I still can't believe it!" Zane mumbled, still deep in thought.

"We neither Zane." Jin replied back, walking out of the kitchen with an ice pack and putting it on Luther's shoulder, making the latter wince in pain. Trying to hold back a crazed true blood wasn't as easy as it seemed even with his supernatural strength.

"I regret agreeing to Lucas for a training session. We missed the fun part." Ben complained glaring at the man who made him bunk practice to sharpen their claws. The accused man said nothing but remained starring at the staircase, keeping his ears perked up to catch every single move of the man who is hiding in his room.

"Is she really his mate?" Aki butt in pulling everyone back to the real topic they should be discussing about. They couldn't be blamed. It's a very sensitive topic considering the behavior of the male who is lurking upstairs, still trying to snap out of his madness.

"I am not sure. It all happened so sudden. As usual we were pulling towards the parking lot when all of sudden Nick started acting edgy and snappy. And before he lost his control to his wolf's instincts, he started yelling to hold him back. The only thing we could do was a put a cap and mask on him before he bolted out of car like a crazy man, chanting 'mate' over and over again." Luther recounted the incident, handing the task of treating his bruised shoulder to Ben.

"So, he really met his mate!" while everyone was still panicking and lost over the situation, one was too calm that it seems to stand out among their reactions. Hearing Lucas clam affirmation, everyone's faces changed one into more of an awkward one. They couldn't seem to understand how to react or face the man's questions and figure outs.

A loud crashing with an inhuman growl was heard, indicating another furniture or a decorative object in Nick's room was destroyed. Those in the living room sighed in exhaustion of that behavior since morning.

"STOP! I DON'T WANT HER!" Another scream. The same scream since morning. The man was stubbornly fighting with himself to convince his inner wolf, his primal part to reject what his human heart doesn't desire. Will he succeed?

"This sounds like a scene out of a novel!"

"Not funny Issy!" I disagreed, cutting her off before she started going off-track about the real topic and started creating a fantasy story on her head about impossible encounters.

"Hey, you are an author! Keep your mind open. Remember always expect the unexpected!" Yeah, I forgot! I am the one with the biggest imagination here as an online story creator. Yet, my mind knows the heights I can reach. But telling this to her won't be fruitless as she is the biggest fan of mine with an even bigger imagination than mine.

"Can we just stop talking about that and start talking about how your engagement party is going?" I asked feeling already worn out, even I particularly did nothing but keep repeating the odd encounter I had on my head for the whole day.

"Fine, fine, you grumpy grandma! Be glad I have a party to host. But we are not done with this topic." She warned and knowing her I knew better than anyone else to take those warnings into heart. It's going to be a long fight to walk her out of this incident. Mentally preparing myself for the future possible intruding and zero privacy life, I started talking about her days until she had to cut the line to take care of the guests. Taking my sweet time to update my family also about my day, obviously leaving out the creepy incident, I finally hit the bed ready to welcome sleep.