The Threat

(Just know that this chapter and possibly the next one are going to be a tad shorter than the other ones everyone but other than that hehehe enjoy)

Narrator POV

As Zilanderia got home from Yugi's house, Levia quickly jumped into her arms and nuzzles her chest in worry. Thankfully Zilan reassured him that she is fine and has questions for him.

"Levia I was wondering if you could tell me if vampires have a way of identifying each other without physically revealing themselves." Zilanderia asks as she eats some white rice and scrambled eggs as a snack for the night.

"Actually there are a few ways to identify a vampire for example;

1.) Vampires are undead creatures and they have ice cold skin. Which is why they are called creatures without heartbeat or the ones with frozen skin

2.) Vampires also have a very sweetness smell to lure their prey to them at least when it's feeding time for them

And

3.) Vampires will sometimes have a storage of blood in cold places to drink so they don't have to hunt for a while

So these are the examples for recognizing a vampire without having to actually see them transform. But why do you ask Zilan did you see anything unusual at Yugi's house?" Levia questions as he looks at the now shocked Zilanderia.

"Yes I actually did see, smell, and feel all three of those things. I was in a vampire den and I didn't even know what to do. Wait you don't think Yugi and his friends realize I'm a vampire myself do you Levia." Zilan questions as she eats her food.

"I don't think so since you still have a heartbeat and remember you just became a vampire and it takes a while for newborn vampires sweet aroma to kick in." Levia says as he lays down.

Zilanderia nods in understanding and finishes up her food and gets ready for bed. As she gets into bed with Levia at her side, three shadowy figures spies through Zilan's window and smiles sinisterly.

After 6 hours of sleep

As Zilanderia sleeps soundly in her bed, the smell of smoke quickly reached Zilanderia's nose and she awakened in panic. Even Leviathan woke up instantly and yelped in surprise.

Before Zilanderia could get up a hand with a white cloth covered her mouth and knocked her out along with Leviathan. As Zilan was held against a buff-like chest, she could hear three voices even though they were somewhat muffled.

"The old man was here but, his scent just ends here. Well I say we make the pretty lady our new blood bag." A scottish voice says.

"Doesn't matter, Master Dartz wants this place burned to the ground and as for the human, throw her and her little pet into the river, we don't need a useless human in our lair." A gruff voices says.

"What about the power to control the great beast and not to mention the information on how to kill it? I mean its not like the Pharaoh or his friends have it otherwise, they would've attacked our base by now." A young man's voice asks.

Before Zilan could hear anything else, she blacked out and the next thing she knew was that she felt nothing but ice coldness all around her.

At Yugi's grandfather's house

As Yugi, Yami, and Atem walk towards the game shop to visit Solomon Muto, a very tearful grandfather comes out with a letter for the trio.

"Grandpa!!! What happened?" Yugi questions in a panicked way.

"Please just read the letter my boy and you'll find out." Solomon says as he tries not to break down in tears.

When the trio reopen the letter, they are beyond horrified by what it says.

*You killed one of our men and thinned our numbers Pharaoh so we decided to even out the score. By the time you and your clan figure it out, your little human blood bag will be dead at the bottom of a river.

Maybe next time if there is one, keep your food out of our business and safe away from harm.

P.S Don't bother with coming to her house we already got rid of it.*

Without even thinking, Yugi took off praying that the letter was false and that Zilanderia was still alive. Sadly his worse fears were brought to light as saw Zilanderia's house up in flames.

As Yugi broke down in heavy tears, Yami and Atem caught up with him and hugged their poor boyfriend and tried their best to comfort him

As Yugi broke down in heavy tears, Yami and Atem caught up with him and hugged their poor boyfriend and tried their best to comfort him. Even though they didn't want to stick around the area, they did to watch the house burned to the ground while feeling true loss for their new friend.

What they didn't know was that about five and a half miles away from the city, in the river nearly at the bottom of it Zilanderia and Leviathan were there in chains trying to wake up.