Chapter 57- Yeye is Sick(2)

A.N: Hello, dearests! Unfortunately one of my writing software stopped working so I got delayed. Thanks for always giving me love and support (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤ please don't forget to point out errors and misspellings.

Happy reading

***

Bai Yuan ran through the wide hallways of the Crown Prince's Palace. The maids who were standing near Yeye's room quickly opened the door for them. Soon after Bai Yuan, Wang Yiheng and General Bai entered the overly spacious room that was full of toys for children. Wang Yiheng was more surprised than anyone. Wherever his eyes fell he discovered new types of toys, either made of fine wood or clay.

Almost in the middle of the room lay Yeye in his huge bed that could accommodate five people easily. Yeye was soundly snoring under a soft blanket while hugging a soft toy that looked nearly similar to a cat or maybe a dog or maybe horse, it was hard to figure out, but it had four legs.

Xu Ying quickly stood up and greeted everyone. Bai Yuan knelt beside the bed and worriedly looked at Yeye, "Did the physician come by?"

Xu Ying nodded and added, "The physician said the symptoms are indicating seasonal fever since the weather is changing. He prescribed some herbal medicines and suggested that he rest until his fever comes down."

Bai Yuan slowly stroked Yeye's fluffy warm cheeks, "I'll stay with him. You should go rest."

Wang Yiheng and General Bai also wanted to come forward but Bai Yuan stopped them from moving, " Please get cleaned first, we all travelled such a long path on a horse. I'll get changed, too."

Both nodded like obedient children and stepped back. However, as soon as Bai Yuan got up from the floor, he felt a tight tug on his sleeves. He quickly looked back and saw Yeye softly gasping for air and watching him with tears in his round blue eyes, "Momma"

Bai Yuan wanted to hug the small baby badly but he restrained himself and said, "Does it hurt anywhere?" Yeye shook his small head.

"Good. Did you eat anything since the morning?"

Yeye again shook his head. Instantly Bai Yuan shot Xu Ying a glare. Xu Ying nervously replied, "He said he didn't feel like eating."

Bai Yuan, "My little bun will eat if Momma cooks, right?"

Yeye hesitated for a moment but he couldn't possibly decline his mother. So, he just nodded slowly.

"Okay, I'll come back quickly. Rest well," Saying so Bai Yuan softly pecked his burning forehead and hurriedly left the room, instructing Xu Ying to wipe Yeye's sweaty body with clean wet towels.

Soon the room fell into an awkward silence with Xu Ying, Wang Yiheng and General Bai in it. In an attempt to ease the unsettling tension, Xu Ying cleared his throat to speak. But Wang Yiheng moved fast and came to Yeye, still maintaining a proper distance, "My son, do you want me to stay with you until Yuan comes?"

Yeye sluggishly shook his head, "Only Momma stays."

Wang Yiheng heard a muffled laugh from behind. He looked fiercely at General Bai.
General Bai also strode forward and said, "Yeye should play with Grandpa."

Yeye shook his head more, "No. You look scary."

General Bai, "...." He heard two muffled laughs and shot up at Wang Yiheng and Xu Ying.

Xu Ying stayed behind with Yeye as Yuan went to freshen up and cook a small meal for his sick little bun. On the other hand, Wang Yiheng and General Bai got escorted to another room.

The room was exactly on the opposite side of Yeye's Bedroom. Wang Yiheng stood by the window and could see Xu Ying talking to Yeye and cleaning his small limbs with a clean wet towel.