Chapter 10: Crew expendable, Ash is an android

In the dining room, Toji slams Dallas' flamethrower down on the table. It's empty. He, Parker, Sora, Riku, and Winter went in to see if Dallas was still alive, and see if they can burn up the alien. When they got to his last position, all they found was the flamethrower, laying there. There was no sign of Dallas or the alien. There was nothing. Dallas' body was nowhere to be found, not even blood. 

Toji: We just found this laying there on the ground. Dallas wasn't there. No blood, no body, nothing. 

Lambert looks up at everyone with reddened eyes, barely holding back tears of grief and shame. Parker slams his arms on the table in frustration. 

Parker: How come I don't hear anybody say anything?!

Ripley: I'm thinking!

Toji hands Parker the flamethrower to check the fuel gauge. Everyone looks at Ripley, seeing that she is next in charge now. 

Sora: What do we do now, Ripley?

Ripley: Unless somebody has got a better idea, we'll proceed with Dallas' plan. 

Lambert: (Shakily) What?! And end up like the others?! Oh, no! You're out of your mind! 

Ripley: (Looks at her) You got a better idea?

Weiss: If you do, let's hear it, then!

Lambert: Yes! I say we abandon this ship! You, and your friends go to your ship, and we take the shuttle and just get the heck out of here! We take our chances and...just hope that somebody picks us up! 

Ripley: Lambert? The shuttle won't take four. 

Kairi: How many can it take?

Ripley: Only two. 

Donald: We can only take one more on our ship. 

Lambert: Well, then why don't we draw straws?

Parker: I'm not drawing any straws. I'm for killing that freaking thing right now! (Walks around)

Donald: He's right! We need to find a way to kill it before it does more harm to the ship, and to us! 

Winter: And besides, we can't abandoned the ship. What if someone else comes across the ship, and runs into that thing?

Ripley: She's right. Ok, let's talk about killing it. We know it's using the airshafts...(Listening to Parker grumbling) Will you listen to me, Parker?! Shut up!

Everyone stays quiet after her outburst. The stress is getting to her, and it's also getting into Sora. 

Parker: Let's hear it. Let's hear it.

Ripley: It's using the airshafts. 

Parker: We don't know that!

Ruby: Ripley's right! It's the only way we know!

Ripley: (Softer at her) Ruby, Ruby. It's ok. You don't need to keep defending me. It's fine. (Looks at everyone) We'll move in pairs, we'll go step by step and cover every bulkhead and every vent until we have it cornered, and then we'll blow it the freak out into space. Is that acceptable to you?

Heroes: Yes.

Parker: If it means killing it, it's acceptable to me.

Ripley: Obviously it means killing it. But we have to stick together. 

Sora: Yeah, she's right. This time, we're all sticking together. We're a team. 

Riku: Yeah. We can't risk anyone else going anywhere alone, with that thing on the ship trying to pick us all off one by one.