sedici // chapter sixteen

' ITALIANS DON'T DESERVE THIS, BUT SAIKI TO THE RESCUE! '

📍🎀📍

As much as Asher would love to spend every passing second with Saiki, they both needed their space for the better good. So, instead, he'd be spending his day with his mother. This was one of the rare times they both had a day off, and they wanted to make the most of it. Although, Asher can't say he signed up for running errands, especially standing behind a shopping cart and pushing the basket around.

"Non essere così, tesoro," she rubbed his back with a large grin, finding his pouty expression hilarious. "Posso fare queste faccende mentre passo del tempo con mio figlio. Two birds with one stone."

The brunette sighed, pausing his movements whenever his mother would stop as well. "Yeah, whatever..."

"Avevi bisogno di uscire di casa, comunque," she shook her head. "Al giorno d'oggi sei sempre dentro a meno che tu non abbia piani con il tuo piccolo ragazzo—"

"SHHH, Mamma! Non così forte!" He whisper-yelled to the older woman, despite the fact that it was very unlikely anyone would understand their conversation in the first place.

She laughed. "How's things with him, anyway? Finalmente ha ufficializzato le cose?"

"Ne abbiamo parlato, e penso che i nostri sentimenti siano in qualche modo reciproci," his shoulders shrugged. "It's complicated. I'm fine with how things are now, but hopefully he can figure things out. Sooner rather than later.."

His mom stopped walking to turn and look at her son, observing his face before continuing her previous action. "Alright. Well, assicurati solo di non fare nulla di folle se lo porti a casa mentre io non ci sono. Or I'll beat your ass, 'kay?"

"Mom," his cheeks turned red, "It was only one time—"

"Bugiardo."

"Okay, most of the time I didn't even initiate whatever went on," he huffed. His mother laughed at his frustration, and the two of them checked out and made their way back to the car.

"Where the hell did my keys go..?" The woman muttered to herself, attention deep within her purse as she searched for her car keys.

Asher chuckled, "How's it possible to lose anything in that tiny thing?"

"Be quiet," she scowled, slowing her steps.

"Just focus on your keys, Mamma," he stood close to her side, looking over her shoulder to look at whatever was in her bag. He can't help it, he got his nosiness from his mother.

Neither of them had noticed the growing hum of a car as it grew closer to them, too emerged in the task at hand. It was only until it was too late Asher had looked up, his eyes practically bulging out of his head as he came face to face with the front of a truck.