nove // chapter nine

' YOU DON'T JUST DO THAT TO ANYONE. '

📍🎀📍

📍🎀📍

As a new year started, a wave of fresh students, all from various grades, would be entering the door. Would previous students care? Maybe, but it's very unlikely. Asher knew damn well he wasn't one of the people who did. He was far too nervous dwelling on his last interaction with Saiki.

God dammit, just thinking of it now had him fidgeting in his seat. What would he say? How would he react? Would things continue to be the same, or would it change? All of the 'what ifs' his brain was clouded with made it just a bit harder to breathe. And all he could do was wait until their next conversation.

The brunette had planned on speaking with the boy sometime today, hopefully sooner than later. However, the wreck his emotions were in were slowly convincing himself otherwise. He was afraid to upset Saiki any more than he already had. So, instead of following along with the plans he made that morning, he laid his upperhalf on the desk, waiting for the passing period to end.

'I haven't spoken to him since yesterday... Hopefully he isn't too upset.'

Without much thought, he picked up a pencil and began digging the lead into the wooden surface.

'I shouldn't be sitting here and moping. I should find him and apologize. Or, that'd just bring unwanted attention, doing that midday, huh?'

The lead of pencil had grown shorter and the dust made marks on his skin— not that he had even realized.

'Maybe I can find him after school. But he's probably avoiding... But it wouldn't hurt to try. Right? Maybe??'

"What are you doing?"

Snap.

Asher's body jokted, startled from the appearance of the man on his mind. His eyes glanced to the pencil, "Oh. It broke."

"Hm?"

"Oh, uh," he dropped the pencil and dusted its leftovers away, not thinking of the evidence it left behind on his skin. "Nothing. What's up?"

"Lets eat lunch. Together."

Asher shot straight in his seat, "Seriously!?"

"Stop being so loud." He shifted, beginning to turn around, "I'll go if you aren't up to it."

"No, no! Yeah, lets have lunch together. I won't be busy-- I'm not-- yeah," he awkwardly stumbled over his words, acting as if he ended that coolly.

And, at least in Asher's eyes, Saiki bought it. "Okay. Bye."

"Mhm.." He watched the pink haired boy walk away, releasing a small breath he didn't know he was holding in.

'He isn't mad! Or-- it didn't seem like it, which is promising.'