Illness won this one.

TW: mention of De*th, so if u don't like thing's like this I would recommend u skip this one.

Max and Charles had been dating for 3 years and were getting Married in a few hours and everyone was trying to get them selfs ready and made sure everything was going to go fine, Max was in his own room with his groom's men which were his team mare Checo, and his other friends, Daniel, Lando and Yuki, Charles on the other hand, had his team mate Carlos there along with Pierre, Lewis and Alex, every other driver were outside trying to make sure everything was in place and that everyone was seated in the right place.

the wedding was done and now everyone was at the party and having the time of their lives and not have to worry about a upcoming race since it was winter brake. the next morning Max and Charles were at the airport and got into the jet and was heading off to their honeymoon destination. once they had arrived in Korea the both of them left the jet and got into the limo that was waiting for them, the limo driver took them to the hotel. once they were in their room, Charles look's at the view out of the window and was surprised to see how beautiful Korea was during winter.

so for the next 2 weeks the both of them enjoyed their honeymoon they did many thing's like visiting many famous cafe's and restraunts before doing a load of shopping. they had now arrived back in Monaco and were setting the house up for Christmas. once the Christmas decor was up the both of them layed on the sofa and watched some Christmas movies.

when Christmas came the Lestappen house was full of noise of the driver's having a grate time together, when Lewis had posted to his insta that all of the drivers new and retired drivers were celebrating Christmas with Max and Charles everyone was surprised to see that the retired drivers had joined them. new years was full of drunken laughter, everyone was on Max's Yatch parting,

Max had invited his close friend Martin Garrix to the party as the dj but to also have his other friend with him, Sophie Max's mom was just looking at all of the drivers having fun knowing that they really needed this, once the countdown started everyone gathered around the tv and started counting with the host. it was now the beginning of 2024 and everyone was happy. for the next few weeks all of the drivers were preparing for the new season,

Max and Checo were at the RBR HQ and were training there. Charles was with Lewis in Maranello at the Ferrari HQ training there. once February came that one by one all of the teams were dropping their new car's livery for the season and most of the cars had no colour since most of the car was latterly carbon fiber. pre season testing was a mess as a drain cover hit the bottom of Lewi's car and the marshals just stood there looking at where the drain cover was ment to be before they did anything, that took them five minutes before they did anything.

the first 2 races had gone well for Red Bull they both had a 1-2 on the podium, during Australia Max had to retire the car due to his wheel going up in flames, in Japan Red Bull was back on the podium with another 1-2 finish, and now they are in China for the Shanghai GP, it has been 5 years since they had been there last and everyone was exited to be back. the race had gone well, Max won with Charles in Second and Checo in third place.

since there was a week brake in between the Chinese GP and the Miami GP Max and Charles had decided that they would head to explore the USA a bit before making their way to Miami. so during that trip they had gone to Austin which is in Texas, they then had gone to LA for a bit before then making their way to Miami. the race there went well RBR had another 1-2 finish along with Charles being in third place. after the Miami gp there was another week brake before they needed to be in Italy for the Imola race there.

the next few races had gone well for both RBR and Ferrari they were constantly on the podium but with Ferrari it was more Charles than Lewis on the podium. everyone was now exited for the Korean race, since it was the first time in years since they had raced there, they had replaced Qatar with Korea after what happened with the season before. the races from then on went well and now it was the last race of the season yet again. once the Race had ended with Max wining,

with Charles this time in Second place and Checo in third everyone was happy and were celebrating. now this is where thing's took a turn, a few races ago make it when they were racing in Mexico Max had ended up in the hospital and Charles was losing his mind because of it. Max told Charles that it was nothing that he just fainted but once the doctor had came in and told them the news it's like their world had just stopped, Max was lost more in thought than Charles was, Charles had asked the doctor how long Max had left and he said he had a few months meaning he would see Christmas but that's about it. Charles was really heart broken with the news knowing that Max won't be there for his daughter to see her grow up.

so during the podium Max had fallen down to the floor of the podium and Charles screams, everyone was in shock and didn't know what to do, Checo had picked Max up and dragged Charles with him. they were now in the hospital waiting to see if Max was ok or not. the whole gird, plus Max's family and Charles' family was there as well, lucky that the waiting room was big enough to fit them all in,

after a few hours of waiting the doctor came through, "who is the family of Mr Verstappen." Charles and Max's parents stood up, "who are u to him." "we are his parents and sibling plus husband and child." "this is not for the ears of a child." Victoria picks River up and left the waiting room knowing she will know later, "unfraternally he is no longer with us." Charles screams in pain and falls to the floor, Checo sits on the floor and hugs Charles, Sophie was also on the floor crying Jos was tring to calm her down, "I am sorry for ur loss, when ever u are ready u can go into the room to see him one last time and to say goodbye."

"he can't be gone he can't." everyone looked at Charles who was rocking him self and Checo trying to calm him down. one by one everyone had gone to see Max one las time and said their goodbyes to him, when Vic found out what was going on she was broken like Charles because she had lost her brother but also her best friend. Charles was the last to go in and when he seen Max he couldn't hold back his tears and couldn't move, the nurse had sat Charles down on the chair and helped him to breathe since he was hyperventilating, after he had clamed down the nurse passes him a note, "this was in his hat."

Charles takes the note and thanx the nurse, "take as much time as u need I will stand here with u to make sure u are ok." Charles nods and tries to open the note and tried to read it but couldn't. "would u like me to read it for you." "yes please." the nurse took the note from Charles and read it out loud to him. once she finished Charles was crying even more. the nurse helped him to stay calm and helped him stand up to say his final goodbye.

Checo was doing all of the funeral planning since no one in Max's family could do anything and so couldn't Charles, Checo's wife was looking after Charles while Checo did all of the prepping. they decided that there was going to be a fake tomb at the spa circuit for the fan's to go to but his actual tomb was going to be in Monaco it self. as part of Max's last wish all he asked for was that there would be a fake tomb at the spa circuit so that he could also be at his fave track and for the fan's to go to.

the day of the funeral all of Monaco was silent as if everyone knew what was going on. after the burying was done everyone had made their way to Charles' house and was now just sat in silence for a bit before they started talking about the happy memories, Charles on the other hand was sat in the bed room looking at the trophy that was there. Checo was looking for Charles to check up on him, once he found him he seen that he was looking at the trophy, "at least he got his 8th title." "he could of gotten more if it wasn't for the illness."

the both of them were sat on the bed looking at the trophy, "it's going to be hard on all of us but we just need to remember that he is always with us no matter what." "I know." "my self and my wife will stay with u until u feel better that u won't try and do anything stupid because river need u the most right now as well." Charles nods, "thanx you Checo." "no problem."

"illness won this one."

The End