seven

_____________________________

"i've been meaning to tell you, i think your house is haunted. your dad is always mad and that must be why."

malachi helping you with family problems💌

tw: family issues, mentions of abuse
_____________________________

"dad, please just let me go! i'm leaving!" you cry, pulling out of his harsh grip and running out of the front door. "get out, and don't come back!" he yells, slamming the door. you feel something fall down your chin, touching it and seeing that your lip is bleeding.

you walk out into the pouring rain, getting into your car and driving to malachis house. you wipe your blurry eyes, calling malachi to see if he's even home.

"hey baby, what are you doi-" he asks, getting interrupted by you. "mal, please tell me your home, i'm on my way to your house. my dad's mad again." you sob into the phone. "shit. i'm home, drive safe okay?" malachi says, hanging up.

you pull into his driveway, getting out of your car and running to his front door, banging on it. malachi opens the door and his face drops at the sight of you. you were shivering, soaking wet, and tears were running down your face. malachi pulls you inside.

"what the hell happened? are you okay?" malachi grabs your face, scanning you for any injuries. he runs his thumb over your bottom lip, furrowing his brows. he knows how your dad is and how he acts, especially when he gets really mad. you try to catch your breath, but you can't.

"mal- i can't- i can't breathe." you grab his upper arms, panicking and trying to breathe.

malachi grabs your hand, putting it on his chest, "copy my breathing, in and out. take deep breaths baby, you're okay i promise."

you eventually calm down. malachi wipes your tears, brushing your wet hair behind your ears. "can you tell me what happened?" he gently asks, not to wanting to upset you more.

"my dad got really mad and took it out on me. it was bad this time." you sniffle as he pulls you into a hug, his arms tightly wrapped around your waist.

"i'm sorry sweetheart, you don't deserve any of it. you can stay here as long as you want." he comforts you, grabbing your hand and taking you upstairs, leading you to the bathroom.

malachi sits you on the counter. he stands in-between your legs, gently cleaning the dried blood off of your lip. you flinch, already able to feel a bruise forming.

tears pool in your eyes again, looking down at your lap. malachi hears you sniffle, gently grabbing your cheek and lifting your head up, "hey, hey, what's the matter?"

"my lip hurts and i'm just upset. i just want my dad to an actual dad, instead he takes his anger out on me. i just want to be loved." you choke out a sob, putting your face in your hands.

malachis face drops, "aw, baby," he lifts you off of the counter, going to sit on the edge of his bed with you on his lap. he rocks you back and forth, letting you cry into his shoulder. "you're so loved, i promise." he whispers into your ear, your cries slowly dying down.

"do you mean it?" you sniffle, anxiously playing with his hair at the nape of his neck. "every word." malachi wipes your tear stained cheeks, frowning at your tired, puffy eyes. he kisses your swollen lips, moving you off of him and laying you down on his bed, getting you dryer clothes.

malachi helps you get your damp clothes off, changing you into his t shirt and a pair of shorts you had left. he lays down next to you, wrapping his arms around you and pulling the blankets up closer to you, feeling you shiver.

"i love you, everything's gonna be okay." he whispers, kissing the top of your head as you fall asleep.

a/n: sorry this was so sad lol😭😭😭😭 vote and comment