07

Alright, now to see what these... "spider powers" are about.

Y/n went over to lock her door. The first thing she wanted to do was to try to lift things and see if they were lighter than before. Because her body was clearly more... fit than usual.

I mean, I lifted the window with no problem, which I could barely lift before. Maybe I should try other stuff.

The first thing that she tried was lifting her Science textbook. The same textbook that made her arms ache every single day. She went over to the book and lifted it with ease, only needing one hand to heave the normally heavy textbook. She then started to slowly remove her fingers until the book was just sitting on her index finger with relaxation.

She started to slowly add books on top of it. Just random books from her shelf that would normally feel heavy for her previously fragile arms. Once she couldn't reach the top of the book stack anymore, she laid the stack back down onto her shelf. Y/n tilted her head with a huff in utter disbelief.

She then decided to test her strength by lifting up her bed, and was able to lift it with just her index finger. Her eyes widened and she instantly let her bed fall back to the ground before dragging a hand down her face. Everything was just overwhelming.

Wait a minute, can I finally do a handstand.

Y/n just knew that she couldn't do a handstand before. It's not like she tried every day before, but she just knew that she could do a handstand before. There was a small moment where she just stared at the ground, wondering if she was actually about to attempt it. Soon enough, she sat down and let her hand touch the wooden floor of her bedroom. And her body lifted off of the floor with shocking simpleness.

Oh my God. What the actual fuck?

She internally freaked as she slowly retracted one hand off of the floor, and was soon left doing a handstand with only one arm. Slowly, she began to retract her fingers as her handstand remained steady, all the way until she was left on just her pinky.

She jumped up slightly and set her feet back on the floor. Surprised when she landed gracefully instead of making a loud thud like she had imagined she would. She started to jump up and down realizing how graceful she was, not making a single noise, jumping higher than she had ever remembered.

Alright, now this sticky hands thingy.

Her hands planted on her plain wall as her hands started moving up, her feet and hands both working in order to carry her body up.

"Micheal! I found your other slipper!" Her Aunt suddenly yelled from downstairs, taking y/n by surprise as she fell to the floor from the wall making a loud thud. She suddenly jerked her head to the right as she sensed one of her pictures falling off of her desk. Suddenly, out of absolutely nowhere, she did a hand gesture that her mind told her to do and a string shot out from her wrist.

Her eyes widened, her first thought being what just came from her wrist. Once the string positioned on the falling picture, she pulled it towards her, hugging the picture to her chest with wide eyes.

Okay, what the heck just happened.

The string was still attached to the picture but no longer on her wrist. She put the picture back onto her desk and inspected the piece of string. It was only then that she realized how hard the piece of string was when she tried to cut the string with a pair of scissors.

"Y/n! Are you okay? What was that?" She heard her Uncle ask from down the stairs while her attention remained trained on the webbing.

"I'm okay! It was just one of my pictures! But it's fine! I caught it before it fell!" She vaguely replied. Soon enough, she decided to let it go and just throw the webbing into the trash can, realizing that maybe she could do the gesture again.

She repeated the gesture, this time pointing towards the ceiling. The string shot up to the ceiling and she let out a breathy laugh in amazement. With a light tug on the string, she grabbed hold of it, and swung around her room while holding onto the piece of webbing that was dangling from the ceiling.

Damn this stuff is strong. Maybe I could have some fun with this.