02

Y/n parked her car in the parking lot and patiently waited for the bell to ring. She would go inside now but she was filled with far too much anxiety that Kim Taehyung would already be there too.

Kim Taehyung has been Y/n's "bully" for the longest time. Now, y/n had never hated anybody in her entire life. Even passed all of the things that Kim Taehyung had done to her throughout her high school experience, she was still waiting to see the tranquility in him. But if anybody were to come a close second to being hated by Y/n, it would most certainly be Kim Taehyung.

About 3 minutes of her mindlessly scrolling through her phone swept by before the bell finally rang, indicating it was time for her to step into the hell hole that is school.

She grabbed her book bag from the passengers seat and got out of her car. As she was pressing the button to unlock the vehicle, she realized that her hand was lightly shaking. It was even worse that she knew why her hand was shaking so violently. Because every single morning Taehyung would say, "Mornin' Y/n," before throwing a rock towards her when she was at her locker. And the high amount of bruises that scattered across her back made her back the most sensitive part of her entire body.

She took a shaky breath in, and a long breath out before finally calming down and pressing the button to lock her car. She headed inside the school building, her back slightly hunched as she clenched onto her book bag straps with her nimble fingers.

When she made it to her locker, she quickly entered in the combination and opened it. It was a good sign that she hadn't seen any trace of Taehyung yet, but of course, her peace had to be ruined. She heard the deep voice that spoke the infamous words that she heard every morning, 5 days a week, for three years now.

"Mornin' Y/n," Taehyung growled out before throwing a rock at y/n's back. Y/n winced at the pain, lightly jumping forward at the instant ache that spread across her whole back. She'd stopped trying to catch or dodge the rocks a long time ago because she would always fail to do so in the past.

She took a glance in the mirror of her locker, spotting a certain brown eyed brunette approaching Taehyung, and smiled. Because even though the small brunette was dating her high school bully, y/n was definitely still madly in love with her.

Jennie had no expression on her face while approaching Taehyung. She didn't look particularly happy, sad, or mad, just nothing. As if it was a mundane task to approach the boy.

Taehyung had no absolute hesitation in grabbing Jennie's lower back in order to start a make out session. And all y/n could do was look away while clenching her jaw. But the pang in heart spoke louder than her jealousy. She slammed her locker shut and headed off to her first class.

When she sat down in the back corner of her class, she allowed her mind to drift as she began to doodle a spider.

---

The day went by fine, y/n only saw Taehyung in the hallways once. Lunch went by fine. But then came the best part of school for y/n, it was finally time for her one class with Jennie. She gets to listen to Jennie talk whenever she answers or asks a question, and she gets to admire her beauty all class. To y/n, that is the absolute best combination.

Y/n took a seat at her usual desk in the back corner of the class. She always sat right behind Jennie but never was able to find the courage to talk to her.

'We're three months in the second to last year of school, y/n. Just talk to her,' she would always say to herself. But her will to talk to the smaller girl was never stronger than her fear of embarrassing herself.

Their teacher was talking about Greek mythology but y/n did advanced study. So she just sat back in her chair, allowing herself to zone out of the teacher's lecture as she rested her head down on the surface of her wooden desk. Every now and then, she would steal glances up at Jennie. Then, the stolen glances would always turn into stares of adoration.

She only started to pay attention when she realized students' hands were flying into the sky, meaning that the teacher was probably asking questions.

"Who was the patron god of theatre and art?" The teacher asked,. Nobody raised their hands. The teacher looked around the class for anyone to raise their hand, but no one did. "Okay, then...." he trailed off, eyes skimming around the classroom in order to choose a student to answer the unknown question. And it didn't go unnoticed to y/n when Jennie ducked her head down, the girl's eyes never seeming to meet the teacher's.

"Jennie."

Jennie's shoulders instantly dropped.

"Who was the patron god of theatre and art?" The teacher asked, tone condescending.

The brunette's face flushed with a shade of red, her words getting caught in her throat. "Um."

Y/n couldn't take it anymore, she couldn't let this happen when she knew the answer. Just tell her, y/n! What are you doing?! Y/n thought, starting to unconsciously tap her foot on the ground.

"Uh," Jennie mumbled again, obviously thinking hard.

Just tell her the answer, y/n!

And it was only then that y/n finally scooted up closer to her desk and leaned closer to Jennie, whispering the answer in a faint volume, "Dionysus."

"Dionysus?" Jennie answered and the teacher's face instantly lit up.

"Good job, Jennie," the teacher gave her a sweetened smile before turning back to the board in order to continue his lecture.

---

(Jennie's POV)

Jennie turned in her seat and was met by a smiling Y/n Parker. As Jennie looked into y/n's kaleidoscopic eyes, she could've swore that she almost let out a "woah."

Was she always this beautiful? I mean, I've seen her before but... she's even more beautiful up close.

"Thanks," was all Jennie could muster as she stared into the gorgeous eyes.

"It's-uh-no problem, really," y/n stuttered out before her eyes flickered down to the floor with timidness.

God, she's so cute.

Jennie turned back around in her seat to face the front. Although she was looking in the front, all she could focus on was what was sitting behind her, and that was y/n Parker.

~~

Don't forget to comment💕