Chapter 12: Violence 🔅 (Taura)

"Saphireee!"

"Saphireee!"

Saphire was late for breakfast.

The table was beautiful. As usual, we were having breakfast in the garden, in the camellia, accompanied by the gently blowing wind and the enchanting flower scents it carried with it. The table was so beautiful... We opened it. We all wanted to start breakfast somewhere, but we didn't want to start without Saphire.

"Where is this girl?" said Ellia.

"Saphire is always late, Ellia," Kselia said and rolled her eyes. "You know this."

"But she wouldn't be this late," said Ellia.

"She can't get enough of looking in the mirror," Maeve said and smiled. "She's definitely trying to be beautiful for someone, but..."

He looked at Jatfer with a smile.

Jatfer blushed and bowed his head.

"Shall I come and have a look?" I said.

“Well, look,” said Ellia. "I was curious."

I got up from the camellia and left that beautiful table there.

I ran to the mansion. I went upstairs to the room where Saphire was staying.

Saphire is my best friend. My only friend. We get along really well with him.

Saphire is a lively and cheerful girl. When a person is with him, he puts aside all his existing negative energies.

"SAPHIIIIIIIRE," I called as I ascended the stairs. "Breakfast is ready!"

There was no sound. "She's not still asleep, is she," I muttered.

I tried my luck again. This time, I changed my intonation and lengthened the syllable a, not the i. "SAAAAAPHIRE!"

Again there was no sound. This time I tried mixing the two styles. "SAAAAAPHHIIIIIIIIRE!"

I came to Saphire's room. I put my ear to the door. I bent my index finger and knocked on the door with its bone part. "Breakfast is ready!"

Suddenly I found Nerdes in front of me.

"Good morning," I said with a smile, in a cheerful tone.

"Why are you shouting this morning, God damn it!" Nerdes shouted, her voice was cold as ice, burning and trembling at the same time.

“I'm sorry,” I said, my voice barely above a whisper. "I was calling Saphire for breakfast."

"It doesn't concern me," said Nerdes, waving his hand. "Nobody has the right to disturb anyone like this every morning."

"You're right," I said. "I am very sorry."

“Don't be,” he said. "Go have breakfast and get back to work."

I frowned. "Nerdes are you okay..."

Nerdes clenched his fists. "DON'T ASK ME THAT QUESTION AGAIN!"

I squinted. "But you changed... You weren't like this..."

"Get away from me," he said. "Get down so I don't see you!"

I continued to look at Nerdes. "You don't feel well. Do you want a hug?"

He opened his mouth wide and shouted like a lion's roar. "RELEASE ME NOW TAURA!"

I suddenly collapsed.

Nerdes slapped me.

I couldn't understand what was happening to me. Then I was kicked in the stomach and thrown to the right.

"Calm down, Nerdes!" I shouted. "Don't do it, calm down!"

With one last slap, I rolled down the stairs.

I saw Saphire coming out of her room. When he saw me, his face suddenly turned pale. Apparently I was bleeding somewhere. I must not have looked well.

He ran towards Nerdes to stop him. "Stop where you are!"

My heart was beating like crazy. My blood pressure had dropped. I couldn't see clearly and I think my nose was bleeding. In the last seconds when I was conscious, I saw Nerdes quickly running down the stairs.

Saphire went down after him.

Nerdes beat me.

I cant believe. Did this really happen... Or was it a nightmare...

I touched my nose. It was bleeding.

"Oh," I said. "Real..."

Violence...

Why did he do this?

"Now," I whispered. "The real battle begins now..."

My eyes were covered with a transparent layer.

I fainted.