Chapter 8 ~ Foolish One

Friday, May 31st 2024

A couple of minutes later we got to where all the shops are at. Leo parked in this one parking garage and we made our way to a store.

"We should head to Sephora first," I said

"Ok! I actually know where that one is at." He said

"Oh, I didn't know you shopped and Sephora. Are you like one of those drunk elephant 10-year-olds?" I joked

"No." He laughed, "But my sister is. I don't think she is that big into drunk whatever it's called."

"Elephant." I corrected him

"Elephant." He said, "She makes me drop her friends off there a lot so that's why I know where it is."

"Where's it even at then."

"We're almost there. Once we turn the corner we'll be there."

I and Leo were close to each other. Are hands kept on brushing against each other. After a couple of times of that happening I could feel his hand hesitant. A couple of seconds later I felt his fingers come in between mine. I looked down to see that we were holding hands. I looked back up at him and he had a small grin on his lips. He seemed happier. I looked back in front of me and smiled. We walked the whole way to Sephora with our hands tied. When we got there he opened the door for me and I walked in. The lady at the front asked if we needed help with anything. After she said that she seemed like she knew that that was Leonardo DiCaprio.

"This place is huge." I said, "The Sephora back home was like half of the size of this." I started to look around at the stands full of products. I went to the WOW hair sections. I've been wanting to try their Dream Coat spray. It's been so hot here that my hair has been frizzy from the humidity.

"What's that?" Leo asked

"It's a hair spray. I'm gonna get it." I replied back

"What does it do?"

"It makes my hair less frizzy."

"Oh cool." He said

I could tell he didn't know what it did still. I walked to the amika section and picked up their hair mask. I've been wanting to try it for a while so I grabbed it. I've been wanting to keep my hair more healthy so that's why I was buying so much hair care.

"Hair mask? Why would you want to put a mask on your hair?" He joked

"You probably have a hair mask." I paused, "You probably have more hair stuff than I do."

"So you think my hair is nice."

"No." I grinned

"Hey!" He smiled

I picked a few more things out. I picked out the Tower 28 lip gloss in pistachio, the Patrick Ta blush duo in the shade She's a Doll, and a new summer shade of concealer. I decided to try the Hourglass concealer. I've gotten tan so my summer shade is too light for me.

"How much do you think this will be?" I asked while we walked to the cashier

"Maybe 50$. How much do you think?" He said

"More like 150$," I said

"For 5 things?!"

"Yep. The blush is like $40."

"Shit." He said, "Why?"

"I'm not sure. I wish it was cheaper."

We got up to the cashier and I sat my things down.