Chapter 9 ~ How You Get The Girl

Friday, May 31st 2024

I walked into my kitchen to get something to eat. I thought I should probably eat something like Leo said because I haven't eaten anything today. I was getting pretty hungry anyway so I grabbed some Chez-It. I walked to my mom's office. She looked like she was making a dress for the girl. My mom was measuring her so I sat down on a chair and watched. I was still thinking about what happened that day. I did think that Leo might have liked me but I guess I was wrong. It hurt a bit knowing that he probably didn't like me but I don't know why I was thinking he would. I mean he is like every girl's celebrity crush. I of course still liked him so I was not gonna give up. I mean I get to say that I've kissed Leonardo DiCaprio and I was pretty determined to say that I was dating him.

"Emma!" My mom said while sounding frustrated

"Did you say something?" I asked

"Like 5 times!" She said, "I was asking how your day was."

"Oh it was good but I guess kind of bad," I said

My mom looked at me in confusion, "What do you mean by that?"

"Mom he kissed me." I could feel my face light up a bit

My mom had her jaw dropped and the same did the girl, "Are you guys like dating." The girl asked quietly

"No, we're just friends," I said a bit disappointed

"YOU KISSED HIM! OMG!" My mom said in excitement, "But do you mean it was bad?"

"It was legit by accident. He said he didn't mean to do it. But you could probably look it up," I said

"Who is this guy Clara? It seems like you know who she's talking about." Her mom said

"Mom! She is talking about Leonardo DiCaprio! He was the guy who walked in here. That's why you asked why I looked shocked. I still can't believe that I saw him! I never thought that would ever happen." Clara smiled

"Oh! You're telling me that he walked in here?" Her mom said

"Yes!" She squealed. She looked over at me, "So like you're Emma! I swear everyone has been talking about you! I didn't know that you lived here! That's so cool! But you guys aren't dating? It looked like you were."

My mom said something before I could talk, "I'm sorry to cut you off but what do you mean I could look it up?"

"There was paparazzi so I'm pretty sure they took a picture. But I wish he didn't accidentally kiss me. We said that we would forget that that happened but it's kinda hard to forget about that. I know this sounds stupid but I thought he liked me but I'm pretty sure he doesn't." I said.

"I'm sorry sweetie." My mom said in a sad tone

"It's fine." I tried to smile, "I think I'm just gonna go upstairs."

"Okay." My mom said

"Nice meeting you Clara," I said

"Well, it was very nice meeting you!" She said while smiling

    I smiled back and walked upstairs. I got into my room and sat on my bed. I wasn't in the mood to put my things away so I just sat and thought about what happened. I thought what happened was bittersweet. I was just upset that I thought he liked me. I decided to go on TikTok to try to get my mind off of what happened. I haven't gone on TikTok for about 3 days now. I just haven't been in the mood to go on it. I scrolled about 7 videos before I saw a video of I and Leo out today. We were walking on the streets while holding hands. I smiled and looked at the comments. People were mostly talking about me. They were saying that they were a bit jealous of me because they again thought that me and I were dating. They thought it was cute that he was holding my hand. Other people were saying that I was pretty which made me happy.