The Dragon Bares Her Fangs

Ever since that fateful day, you and Shinsou had been closer than ever. He would often come over to the orphanage you live at and vice versa. You protected each other from bullies and biased teachers at school who either judged you for your quirks or your appearance. When Shinsou would visit you at the orphanage, you would play heroes, you being Lady Nagant, and he would play as Eraserhead. You still had his autograph, it was one of the few things that survived the fire.

"WHAT!?" Shinsou's cry could be heard throughout the orphanage. He had come over to 'hang out' as the older humans called it, but had been in for a shock when he had spilled some water and you had morphed into a washcloth to clean up the mess. "A-A villain! They turned you I-into a towel!!" His usually monotone expression was filled with anxiety and concern. "B-But, your gems are still-" You shifted back.

"Hitoshi-kun. Shapeshifting is part of my quirk. Are you alright, you seem a bit pale..." Was he sick? Was this some human thing? What high maintenance creatures...

"N-No, [Name]-chan... I just wasn't expecting that..." He stuttered slightly, still slightly shaken. (SHOOKETH)

"Oh, right, sorry, haha! There's a lot of things I can do my gems- I mean my quirk!" You grinned, but then your smile fell as he got closer to you. He had a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"You can turn into anything, right? Like, even living creatures? Even people?"

What is this little geode scheming?

"That would be correct, Hitoshi-chan..."

"Dragon-Cat."

"What. Pardon?" Your smile falters slightly in confusion.

"Become a dragon-cat, please?" Shinsou's eyes sparkle slightly. How can I say no to that face?

-

You're flying through the sky before he knows it. He laughs and squeezes his eyes shut, hugging your neck while screaming in fear and exhilarating contentment. You fly higher and higher, chuckling slightly as Shinsou's eyes shine in admiration. You let out a roar as civilians look up and point you out. You give a wave, and you continue to fly. It's the first time since your parent's deaths that you felt truly happy and free, content and satisfied with life. The first time since her shattering that you felt this way, setting aside your time as Lavender Quartz with Shinsou. Speaking of Lavender, as you fly higher and higher, you both sense a strange but relaxing sensation coming over you.

Light. YAGAMI!!! Ok sorry I'll stop. Actually fuck that no I won't L IS HOT!!!!! L IS HOT!!!!! That's all you two saw before the sensation of wind slapping against your skin snapped you out of your daze.

No, Shinsou's daze, right? Oh wait... I'm me again...

Lavender Quartz POV:

I'm falling. I'm falling fast. OH STARS I'M FALLING OUT OF THE SKY!!! I struggle to even out my center of gravity as I plummet. Pink will heal me, it will be alright- Who's Pink? Where is Pink? Why is Pink? Ok I'll stop sorry it's addicting. As I fall, I concentrate, hard. How can I stop this... how can I not die again?

Oh, my!!! I need to survive!! What could my two halves do!? Shinsou... nope! Mind control won't save me!! Ummm... LAPIS!!! Who's Lapis? Never mind that, I know what to do!!!

I concentrate on the back of my gem. I imagine the ocean. The stars. A deep sea cave. Coral. The sand of the beach running through my grasp.

The ocean is calling me. I can hear it, almost. It's beautiful song, made just for me, and the other Lapis Lazulis.

Wings made of an almost ethereal sort of crystal cool water that reflects rainbows onto my skin sprout from the tear shaped gem on my back, and I give them a good flap. I'm flying. It's absolute freedom. I touch down safely on the ground, and then- light.

not yet

and the darkness.

Third Person POV:

You land on the grassy soil alongside Shinsou. You blink and take a look around.

Pink was onto something about fusion

You feel empty, but also full of wonder. Lavender Quartz is beautiful.

You dash over to Shinsou, who is face planted on the ground.

"That... was so cool. We have to do that again!" He says excitedly as you helped him off the ground. You laugh slightly, as you wrap your six arms around yourself. You blush slightly at the flattery.

"T-Thank you, Hitoshi-kun. We could do that again, but frost I need to explain a few things..." Shinsou nodded his head excitedly. "Fusion is not something to be taken lightly. It's reserved for close friends or family, and.... A fusion is a whole new person. They are a combination of two peoples souls. Do you understand? It combines quirks, weapons, clothing, everything." Shinsou nodded seriously.

"How do we fuse again?" He chirps.

"Let me show you. It's typically formed by a dance, or when two peoples minds are lined up." You two begin to dance together, and then the light comes back, and there stands Lavender Quartz. She cracks her knuckles.

"I forgot how great it feels to be me!!"