Shattered

You weren't a very interesting gem, to say the least. You were a diamond. Your empire stretched throughout the galaxy and into the beyond. Life should have been perfect. It wasn't though. You strolled down the halls of your ship, yes, you had a spaceship. You were on your way to the.... Earth. It was her colony. She had died there. You were visiting in memory of her. You wanted to see what was so special about the life there.

"My Diamond...." A short, skinny, blue gem came up to you. Your pearl. She was beautiful. You loved her design. You had been so overjoyed when... White had gifted you your very own servant.

"Yes, Pearl?" You raised a brow. It wasn't unusual for her to notify you of important, but trivial things. Your endless, meaningless existence made everything seem so small.

"We will be arriving at 'Earth' shortly, my liege." She saluted, and you nodded my head solemnly. It was time to see her again. Pink Diamond. What did she ever see in that miserable planet anyways? All its inhabitants did was wage war on each other and slowly kill the planet. To think that they would waste so many opportunities. A few tears trickled down your cheeks, radiating a blue aura. Pink truly did love that pathetic excuse for a planet.

"Thank you, Pearl." A few tears escaped Pearls eyes as she was affected by your crushing sadness. Pearl bowed and left you to your own devices. You scrolled through some files of recent colonies you had established. Several off colors emerged at the same time. You sighed, knowing you would have to have those incomplete abominations shattered.

~

~

~

By the time the ship landed, the sun was setting. You brought several escorts with you, a Lapis, to survey the potential of a colony, and your Pearl. You all assumed human forms as to bend in with the locals. You didn't want to cause a panic as their screams were rather irritating. You strolled the streets with confidence as you made your way to Pink's palanquin.

"Pearl, what are those organics doing? It's disgusting." You gesture to several humans shoveling a strange material, charred flesh, you recognized, into their facial openings. They slowly chewed it into a paste and then...swallowed. You shuddered. What strange creatures. Pearl looked to you and then spoke;

"I believe they are preforming a daily ritual known as 'eating' my Diamond. They gain sustenance through the... consumption of organic matter known as food."

"What a strange planet...." The Lapis whispers. You nod my head in agreement and glance at the humans.

"They can hold infinite amounts of energy? How useful..." You murmured. Perhaps humans weren't as useless as you initially thought.

"No, My Diamond. After several hours, they dispel the 'food' in the form of sludge." You and the Lapis grimace. How disgusting. What did Pink ever see in this planet? You notice a few tiny humans known as children running through the streets and laughing. It's strange... they almost remind you of Pink... almost. You miss her so much....

"Excuse me, Miss. Are you alright?" A strange organic comes up to you with a concerned look. You look at them with disgust in your eyes.

"I'm quite alright. Leave me at once, and do not approach me again." You snapped. This human then had the audacity to wrap an arm around you waist and stare at your chest.

"Aw, cmon, sweetheart, I know one way to cheer ya up~" the human licks its lips and sneers "let's have some fun~" it leans in closer and it's hit breath fans against your neck.

"Don't touch my Diamond." Pearl grasps the humans forearm and squeezes, letting out a satisfying crack. Pearls may be weak, but gems will always remain superior to humans. The human gasps in pain and shouts some strange words, profanities, perhaps?

"You bitch! You're crazy!" The organic runs off screaming, clutching its arm. Pearl is shaking slightly.

"Pearl." You glance at her. She trembles in fear. Pearls aren't meant for fighting. What she just did was defective behavior.

"Y-Yes, my Diamond?" She shivers. The Lapis looks at her with an unreadable expression. Pity, or maybe disgust?

"Thank you. I'll forget that happened." You place a hand on her head and she blushes. Lapis is quite confused but remains silent.

"My Diamond! Thank you for being so merciful!" The Lapis cuts in, saluting. I look to her in confusion. "Thank you for sparing this Pearl!" I nod my head and continue walking down the street. That's when I see it. A strange human vehicle. A truck, I believe. I don't have time to react. Everything seems to slow down. Pearl and Lapis scream and lunge forward to protect me, and then...

there's a bright light. And I feel whole. I feel... happy. For the first time in centuries.

And then I feel pain, and hear a cracking and splintering noise. I look down, and see multiple sets of arms.

"I fused... and now I'm going to be shattered. I'm going to die." You look to your splintered gems. Lapis and Pearl are going to die with you. "What an unfitting end for a diamond. Such a strange planet." And that's when everything goes black.

~

~

~

~

~

~

"W-Waaaahhh!!!!" You cry out? You. Why are you making this noise. You hear voices.

"What a...."

"So cute..."

"Congratulations!!"

You died. What's going on? Why are your arms so short. Why are the humans so tall? So many questions all at once.

It's called birth

How did you know that? This wasn't normal.

Then you remembered. You fused at the last moment with Pearl and Lapis. This must mean..... you're a fusion. Pearl must have known that. You glance around and then go quiet. Now that you think of it... your skin isn't blue anymore. It's more of a tan... pinkish color- oh stars. You're a human. You glance around, and then a plan forms. You are going to learn what it means to be human. You are going to see what Pink saw.

No more White.

No more Yellow.

No more Empire.

Freedom.

Its perfect.

-

Over the next few years, you learned about human customs and such. You also learned humans all had powers called, 'quirks'. You were in a completely different world, and you learned to love it. You had all your powers from your previous life, and in addition, you also could now affect humans. You even had Pearl and Lapis's abilities. Your caretakers were strange to say the least. The one known as 'Mother' created suppport gear for 'Heroes' and your 'Father' was an assistant to such heroes.

You were being raised by the equivalent of a Bismuth and a Pearl. How humiliating. They were but inferior beings, but in time they became your inferior beings. And you loved it. And they loved you. You were still a fusion. You couldn't unfuse, you had tried several times. Eventually the gems that made you up blended together into a nameless entity. No gem name, only the name your caretakers had bestowed upon you.

[Name]

And now here you are, five years later. Still standing, a free gem. No more Diamond Authority. No more ridiculous standards. Just you. Finally whole. Finally free.

~

~

~

~

~

~

Until it all suddenly changed one day, and you emerged, bluer than ever. A true diamond.