9

Maddie

I walked into town and go in a little coffee shop that was open. I ordered my coffee from the cute boy at the counter he looks about my age. I sit there on my phone for a while and realized that it's been an hour I didn't even realize that the coffee was on my table. Its 8 o'clock right now. I look at the coffee on the table its probably cold. I take a sip. Not hot but the cold either.

"Do you want me to heat it up." The guy from the counter says.

"No I'm good. Thank you though." I say.

"My names Xavier by the way." He says.

"Maddie." I say.

"Your the girl from the all boys boarding school." He says.

"Yea how did you now?" I ask.

"My school Competes with yours." He says.

"They talked about a girl going to there shcool while we where talking with them." He says.

"Oh." I say.

We talk for awhile about our lifes and other stuff. Then I realized its almost 12. Shit I have to get back.

"I have to go it was nice meeting you." I say.

"It was nice meeting you too. Bye." He says.

"Bye." I say.

I finally get back to the school and its around 1ish. No ones going to be awake so I won't get in trouble. I walk in and all the boys are past out on the couch other then Duke.

I walk into my room.

"Where were you." Duke says.

"Out." I say.

"I'm sorry Maddie." He says.

"Its fine." I say.

Soon after I fall asleep.

I want you and only you. No.

It repeats in my head over and over. I said no to him. I want to be ready to date someone for him but I can't I just can't. Not yet. I will try to be ready for him but I can't promise anything. I will say yes to him tomorrow. Hopefully.

Duke

She stayed out till 1 in the morning. I don't even know where. Fuck why does she do this to me. I deserve it though. I kissed her and knew what happened to her why am I so dumb. She said no to me is all I can think of. It doesn't go away ever. I can't get her out of my head. The whole night I was thinking. Is she dead. I'm going to kill someone. I made her run. Where is she is she safe. Oh fuck I made her run away. I do this to everybody I meet the only people who have been with me are Noah, Matt, and Alex and I geuss my brother. My mom always was nice until she out of nowhere sent me to this school. No explanation. No excuse. No warning. No nothing. I would expect any of that from my dad but my mom. That just, I don't know. If anything I'm going insane just like my dad. No im nothing like my dad.

I open my phone.

Mom: your coming
to dinner tonight
bring Maddie. Both
your siblings are
coming. Be nice.

Me: Maddies not going
to want to come."

Mom: To bad me and
your dad want to
meet you again.