Still Asleep

Garnet was probably the most bothered of the Gems when they returned home with the Gem. Steven however was quite happy, as well as Amethyst who seemed just as excited. The possibility of a new friend to bother and harass didn't come around very often, since there weren't really any new residents of Beach City. Although, that was probably because the people who were interested in moving were scared off by the weird alien-like occurrences.

The stoic Gem watched from the doorframe as Steven hurried about to collect different items that had been scattered about the main room. A small pile of fabrics and pillows had collected at the end of Steven's bed. Amethyst sprawled herself over the couch, while Pearl headed off to her room. Garnet took up a seat on the other side of the couch so the purple skinned Gem had enough room to stretch her short legs.

Steven was more than joyful. A new person meant new possibilities! A new friend, a new buddy-rival, or a new trainer of some kind. What would they know? What would they look like? What would they act like? Steven paced around in the little space that contained his bed, TV and other items. Looking down at the gem, he now noticed it was surprisingly filthy.

He went down the small set of stairs and into the kitchen, taking a small hand towel and wetting it with some warm water before returning. He sat himself down in front of the cushioned Gem and picked it up gently. He rubbed at it with the towel, clearing away the grime and dirt that had collected on it.

When Steven goes to set it down, he feels a sudden, warm thrum, or even a pulse of energy. He lightly gasps, and covers his mouth with a hand. He got a reaction! Which increased his excitement nearly tenfold. He shouldn't say anything right now, there was no need for excitement when there wasn't anything to prove that the Gem had begun to reform.

He took the dirty towel back to the kitchen and wrung it out. By now the two other Gems present had started talking about today's events, but it had escaped Steven's interest. He bounded back up to his room and settled down in front of the TV. He scoots the pile of fabric and fluff with the gem atop of it to be set next to him as he clicks on the television, and begins to get lost in his little land of food cartoons.

It's weird here. I don't remember being moved at all. It was a nice surprise when I felt all the nasty and undesired substances that had coated my surface being wiped away.

It was bright here. Why is that? A hiss may have escaped my mouth at one point at such a displeasure. It wasn't very loud here, either. Having spent such a long time in such a quiet, dim place, it was a hard thing to get used to. The presence of a strange being next to me made me curious. Was this person an ally? An enemy? I didn't have much energy to fully think about that though.