Chapter 06-8: Flaming Go-Getter

—Soleanna Castle Town—

Silver is, unfortunately, being forced to carry bags upon bags of items for Ibly and Blaze, after they couldn't find Mephiles.

Silver: Please...give...me...break!

Blaze: Hm? Did you hear that, Ibly?

Ibly plays along with Blaze and nods her head sideways.

Blaze: You're right. It was probably nothing!

Blaze and Ibly head off into another store, as Silver sheds a single tear.

Silver: If only Y/N was here...

Silver then becomes wide-eyed, as he had forgotten that he could use his psychokinesis to carry the bags.

Silver (Thoughts): ARE YOU F(BLEEP)ING KIDDING ME?!

Silver then activates his psychokinesis on the bags, and goes after Blaze and Ibly.

—Crisis City—

Rouge: Finally, I have you all to myself!

Rouge is staring down onto a Green Chaos Emerald, having found it inside an excavator.

Shadow: Don't treat it like a prize.

Rouge: Ugh, you're no fun.

Rouge puts the Emerald away, and heads forward of Shadow.

Shadow: Hey Rouge. Did you notice Tails mentioning a name we haven't heard yet?

Rouge: He said something?

Shadow simply face-palms himself.

Shadow: Who am I kidding, you were busy staring at Knuckles to overhear anything.

Rouge: Was not!

Shadow: Whatever. But keep the name "Y/N" in mind. I believe that was the name Tails mentioned.

Rouge: Whatever you say, boss!

Rouge says in a playful manner, before focusing ahead of them, and seeing something weird.

Rouge: Wait, is that-

Shadow: -Omega.

Rouge and Shadow are staring at a destroyed Badnik, specifically one named "Omega".

Rouge: Looks like he's in Stand-by mode.

Shadow: Hm...could we somehow prevent this from happening in the past, maybe?

Rouge: Maybe, but to do that we'd need to get another Chaos Emerald.

Shadow: I believe we've spent enough time. Let's get back to Sonic and the others.

—Flame Core—

Sonic: So you believe we're near the Chaos Emerald?

Tails: According to everything, we are close by.

Just then, Shadow and Rouge come back, Rouge showing off her Chaos Emerald with pride. Tails is the first to notice it.

Tails: You already found one?!

Rouge laughs Tails' reaction off.

Rouge: I may not look it, but I'm a real treasure hunter.

Knuckles tries to ignore Rouge's comments, but she ends up noticing his reaction.

Rouge: Unlike one echidna I know.

Knuckles becomes offended at this statement from Rouge.

Knuckles: WHAT?!