Chapter 06-3: Welcome to the Past!

3rd Person POV

In the distant past, 200 years ago to be specific, was when the Flames of Disaster were unleashed. Now, with the gift of a second chance, a group of 5 have transported themselves into the time period of the Iblis Trigger.

Within a jungle, a portal appears. Out of it, comes Silver.

Silver: Where am I?

Silver looks around the jungle, in awe of the mystique of it. Unfortunately, it's interrupted by the portal spewing Y/N out.

Silver: Y/N! So you ended up here too. If that's the case, then where are Blaze and Ibly?

Y/N: Probably *ouch* got separated into another part of the past.

Silver: Well, they should be fine, besides the past seems so much more peaceful! See those? Those are trees! I've only heard about them from drawings...

Y/N: So you're saying that's a rock right there?! The past is already way better than the future!

Silver: Hey, don't forget why we're here!

Y/N: Right, in that case, let's see if we can get any information on the Blue Hedgehog's whereabouts.

Silver and Y/N nod to each other, before rushing deeper into the forest.

—Wave Ocean, 200 years into the past—

Another Portal shows up, this time releasing Blaze and Ibly.

Blaze: So, this is the past...

Ibly starts to look around with wonder, clearly in awe of the beauty of the past. She notices that she's alone with Blaze, and is clearly confused as to where Y/N went.

Blaze: Huh? Guess we must've gotten separated by that portal. Seems you and I are woking together Ibly.

Ibly stares in confusion, before nodding, as a way to say "Alrighty." Blaze still sees Ibly as a bit let down, likely due to Y/N not being there.

Blaze: So, I assume you too like Y/N.

Blaze's statement catches Ibly off guard, making her blush. Blaze already knows by her reaction.

Blaze: I'll take that as a yes. Guess now I have some competition!

Blaze chuckles at her own statement, while it takes Ibly a moment to realize, that Blaze also has a crush on Y/N. Now she knows she has to get him to love her first before Blaze. So, how would she do so when not being anywhere near him? By running off towards the seaside without Blaze, of course. This clearly surprises Blaze.

Blaze: Oh, I see now! Is this a race? If so, I'll gladly accept your challenge!

Blaze starts a Fire Boost, rushing to catch up to Ibly.

—Tropical Jungle—

Silver: Woah...it's a lot prettier up close! Hey Y/N!

After a few seconds of no response, Silver asks again.

Silver: Uh, Y/N? Where'd you go?

Silver starts to look worried, until he sees Y/N looking at a Lilypad with a strange marking.

Silver: Y/N? What're you doing here?

Y/N: Huh? Oh, perfect timing Silver! I've got a theory about this lilypad.

Silver: It looks like any other lilypad to me.

Y/N: Yeah, but try standing on it for me.

Silver, while still confused about Y/N's idea, decides to give it a chance, complying and standing on the Lilypad. Suddenly, a cyan symbol appears, surprising Silver, and further intriguing Y/N.