Chapter 06-2: The Amnesiac Flame and Newcomer Darkness

3rd Person POV

The 4 had barely managed to escape Iblis' clutches, taking refuge in a caved in building. They'd also manage to take the strange female with them. Y/N ended up asking Blaze to lend The figure clothes so that Silver wouldn't need to look away from her constantly. Eventually, while Y/N was sitting right next to her makeshift bed, the person finally started to open her eyes. She made it without making a sound, but still got the attention of Y/N.

Y/N: Oh, you're finally awake! If only Iblis didn't have to appear to cause Silver and Blaze to leave for battle...

The Name "Iblis" appears to strike a chord in the person, as she appears fearful when Y/N mentions the name. He quickly takes notice of it.

Y/N: Wait, so do you and "it" have some sort of history?

The being merely nodded.

Y/N: Huh...so you came from it, and appear to be afraid of it too...interesting...

As Y/N keeps thinking to himself, the person notices him in deep thought, and tilts her head in confusion. Y/N notices this.

Y/N: Oh, you're probably confused as to why I'm like this, huh? Don't worry, you'll get used to it, as Silver and Blaze have.

Y/N gives the person a reassuring smile, causing the being to blush, and give an invisible smile, due to not having a mouth. It quickly goes up to Y/N, and appears to lean on the chair next to him, sitting on the ground, like a begging puppy wanting extra food. Y/N nearly loses it from cuteness.

Y/N: Ack...so cute...

Y/N, being stunned from the being's cute actions, accidentally starts petting her, causing her to relax herself. He quickly realizes this, and pulls his hand back out of embarrassment.

Y/N: Agh! Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry!!

???'s POV

The being appears a bit saddened about Y/N not petting her, but it is short-lived as Blaze and Silver return from their fight with Iblis. Silver looks burnt, and also has a burnt sandwich, for some reason.

Blaze: Silver thought it'd be cool to try and grill the sandwich he found in a vault from Flame Core via giant fire god. Guess who had to play fireman.

Silver: Hey, it was worth it for science, Blaze! Or what, you think the discovery of IBLIS sandwiches won't affect us in the future?!

Blaze: IBLIS Sandwiches? For science?! Sometimes I wonder if you're a child trapped in an older person's body...

Silver: Hey! That's mean...

The creature appears to get more stressed at the two's mention of IBLIS and clings onto Y/N's jacket out of fear.

Y/N: Hey, we can talk about sandwiches another time. Our guest just woke up, and she appears to get scared every time that name is used.

Silver: Oh, the one that fell from it is awake? Awesome!

Blaze appears to look at the female with a sliver of jealousy, before quickly going back to the subject matter.

Blaze: So, have you gotten her name yet?

Y/N: Not really, I don't think she can even talk, for that matter.

Silver: Gosh, that's horrible! Maybe try asking her to write it!

The female looks up towards Silver in confusion.

Silver: ...she doesn't know how to write either can she?

Blaze: Strange, she also appears to lack a mouth...hey Y/N, why don't you give her a name?