Chapter 11

Jennie

I hate Taehyung because he arranged to meet me to return my things and stood me up. I hate Kim Jisoo because once again she got ahead of me in the ranking of best students. Why does she care so much about being good? She is already a millionaire, has a boyfriend desired and admired by many girls, has present parents and a perfect life, so why does she strive to get good grades? Why can't she just worry about being the snobbish, self-centered, vain rich girl that she is?

Her parents could very well buy her any diploma or grade 10.

I let out a loud groan of frustration. In my head, it doesn't make sense for her to dedicate herself so much, but the way she likes to make me hell, I don't doubt that she does it just for that purpose.

I look at the clock and it's already past 9 pm. At least this gay bar is close to home and I don't have to worry about any clueless men hitting on me or disturbing me.

I'm trying to get the attention of the young woman behind the counter so she can pour me another drink, but she's too busy waving and calling someone over to where we are. By the naughty smile on her face, this person must be her victim of the night.

"Today is busier than usual." Jisoo's voice comes through and I close my eyes, taking a deep breath then. Of all the bars in the city, did she have to be right in this one and next to me? It could just be some bad joke of fate.

"But you showed up, I think that's what matters in the end." the young woman says and makes Jisoo laugh "What will you want today?"

"That beer and soju drink that you make and it's delicious." I open my eyes again and let out a sigh when I realize that Jisoo is sitting next to me.

"With mint?" the girl raises one of her eyebrows.

"Of course, you never know how the night might end." Jisoo says in a flirtatious tone and I furrow my eyebrows. Why is she flirting back if she's dating Bohyun? I look away to look at her and she's wearing a leather jacket, a red plaid blouse, a black skirt and high black boots. This idiot is attractive without making the slightest effort.

"And you, what do you want? I saw you were calling me, sorry for the delay." the young woman says in a professional tone and I realize that she is talking to me.

"Another bottle of soju." I force a smile.

"Jennie Kim." I roll my eyes when I hear Jisoo talking to me.

"The first and only." I say without looking at her.

"I can't believe that of all possible places the two of us are here."

"I had come here with the aim of having some peace, but it seems I made a big mistake." I turn the chair to face her. I notice Jisoo looking at me from head to toe and a naughty smile on her face.

"Bad night?"

"It's gotten considerably worse now that you've arrived." I use my most mocking tone to see if she moves away and the smile on her face gets wider. The young woman returns to us with our drinks. Jisoo takes hers, putting the straw in her mouth as she continues to watch me.

"Why do you hate me so much?" she says after I take a sip of my soju.

"Why do you try so hard to compete with me?" I return the question.

"Because you think you're better than everyone." the brunette says simply.

"Because you're just a rich, self-centered, snobbish girl who wants everything." I use the same tone as her.