Chapter 6

Jisoo

I think my body temperature rose considerably after this singing competition with Jennie. I didn't even know she could sing and rap so well, but when I noticed that determined glow in her eyes, I couldn't help but feel something different when admiring her.

I bought a set of sheets that have who knows how many threads you like, want to know?

I text her as she steps away for a drink of water and is paying her portion of the bill. I bite my mouth and let out a sigh as I feel my stomach churn with anxiety.

"What?" I say when I see Chaelisa looking at me with a confused look.

"What is happening?" Rosé says quickly and I turn my head slightly to the side as I try to understand what she's talking about.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I shrug and look at the phone screen while I wait for a response from Jennie.

"You and Jennie." Lisa says as if it were obvious.

"What?" I check my phone screen once again, but there are no notifications.

"What just happened, Jisoo?" Lisa shakes me lightly by the shoulders and I scratch my chin.

"Were we competing?"

"Not this." Rosé says seriously "The flirting part."

"What?!" I furrow my eyebrows. "Jennie and I hate each other, where did you get this flirting from?"

"Are you sure about this?" Lisa squints at me.

"We've already ordered our Uber, what about you? Where are you going?" Irene says as she approaches us accompanied by Seulgi and Jennie.

"I go home." I shrug.

"Which house?" Seulgi says.

"Same as Jennie" I force a clearing of my throat when I see her accusatory look "I mean, the same place where I'm living now which coincidentally is where Jennie lives."

"God, you're really drunk." Rosé lets out a laugh and shakes her head in denial. "What are you going to do? Will Bohyun pick you up?"

"Better not, I'll order us an Uber." I say before Jennie opens her mouth.

After we say goodbye and get in the car, Jennie spends the entire time in silence. I check my phone a few times, but no response from her. When we reach our destination and pass Jung, he gives us a mischievous smile and I wink at him.

"Is your phone out of battery?" I say as soon as the elevator doors close after we press our final destination. Jennie lives on the third floor and I live on the 16th.

"Yeah, why?" she says without looking at me.

"I sent you a message."

"Saying what?" she says and I continue staring at the elevator display.

"I invited you to see my set of sheets with hundreds of threads that you like." I shrug when the metal box stops on the third floor.

"I don't like hundreds of threads." She crosses her arms and pouts. I remain silent and hear her sigh "I didn't see your message, I think my phone ran out of battery before that."

"Okay." I shrug and realize that the doors close again, but Jennie is still here. "I invited you because I think my apartment is safer than yours, apparently you have a club now." I roll my eyes and she lets out a laugh.

"Who guarantees that they won't invade your apartment?"

"Me." I turn to her, looking at the feline eyes "They don't have the key and I never invited them to visit the place" I shrug and get out of the elevator when the doors open.