𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝟔)

𝐀 tragedy it was to be caught; even worse when the queen began her lectures

"Must I always remind you not to travel down into those filthy streets?!" Alicent huffed, shaking her head profusely.

Aegon was seated in a chair, sighing dramatically as he leaned back, attempting to disappear into the chair itself.

Meanwhile Daella sat awkwardly beside him, staring at the ground as she heard the queen scolding her eldest son in front of her.

"And to bring your betrothed along—how could you be so stupid?" The queen hissed, raising her hand to strike her eldest child, but deciding against it at the last moment.

The prince clicked his tongue, irritated by his mother's words, "Nothing terrible happened, it was simply us having a bit of fun." He grumbled, glancing at his betrothed.

"A bit of fun?" Alicent nearly lunged at the way he was pretending as if it was a stroll in the gardens.

The princess sighed, shifting in her seat, "We were not thinking clearly, your grace. It will not happen again." She spoke softly, just wanting to leave.

The queen bit the inside of her cheek, sighing as she turned away from them both. She shook her head faintly, rubbing her forehead with her hand. "Both of you- out." She ordered, having enough of them both.

Aegon did not need to be told twice. He was up from his chair, swiftly turning to the door as he strode towards it.

Daella watched the queen carefully before riding up from her seat, following after Aegon. She shot him an annoyed glare before slipping out of the room.

The prince sighed, following after her, "Ignore my mother, she's just upset with my fathers sickness and everything-"

"It doesn't matter," The princess interrupted, "We shouldn't have went." She sighed, continuing to walk as she kept her eyes forward.

Aegon walked along side her, keeping his violet eyes upon her. His lips curved downwards slightly, "I believe we both enjoyed it well enough." He held back a grin, nudging her with his elbow.

Daella felt her cheeks flush at the memory from the night before. She huffed, shaking her head as she swatted away his elbow. "I do not like that knight. He shouldn't have followed us." She muttered, deciding to ignore his words.

The prince shrugged, "Ser Criston practically raised me, I have nothing against him. Though, he did interrupt us." He smirked slightly, following her like some lost puppy.

"You need to come to your senses and forget what happened." She stopped suddenly, turning to him.

Aegon stopped as well, a frown forming upon his lips, "Forget? I am supposed to forget that way your perfect lips were against-"

Daella quickly slapped a hand over his mouth, silencing him, "Keep your voice down." She hissed, glancing down the hall.

His eyebrows raised slightly, quickly licking her hand.