𝐍𝐞𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 (𝟒)

𝐒𝐢𝐱 years

𝐒𝐢𝐱 years.

Six years had passed.

Daella rode on the back of her silver dragon, grinning as she flew past her brothers. A loud roar escaped the beast as it dove down, landing at the Dragonpit in Kingslanding. She sighed quietly, glancing around the Red Keep. It had been long, and yet it all look the same.

Her violet eyes moved beside her as the two prince's landed as well, their dragons purring quietly.

The princess slipped off of her dragon, gently stroking its snout, "It looks the same." She commented, raising an eyebrow slightly.

Jacaerys nodded, smiling, "Doesn't it? Luke and I plan on going to the courtyard, want to join us?" He removed his gloves as Lucerys climbed off of Arrax.

"No, I wish to explore the castle." Daella hummed, watching as the Dragonkeepers took their three beasts into the Dragonpit.

"What she means is that she wishes to look for the bane of our existence." Lucerys snickered, nudging the girl, whom was unamused.

"Do not jest. He is a vile creature." The princess grumbled, rolling her eyes.

Jacaerys nodded, "That he is. His brother as well." He smiled, beginning to walk—which Lucerys quickly followed after.

"Be safe!" Daella called out, waving goodbye as she watched them nod and walk off. She sighed, biting the inside of her cheek as she quickly made her way up the stairs to enter the castle.

————————————🌑———————————

Meanwhile, Aegon had been sitting in his chambers, twirling the necklace that he had given to Daella around his finger. He stared intently at it, his expression holding no ideas to how he was feeling.

The prince was no longer young and innocent—no, that had faded long ago. He made sure of it. He brought a goblet of wine to his lips, taking a large sip before placing it back down upon the table. He clicked his tongue, knowing that the princess had returned with her family.

He had never felt so content for something—other than wine and whores. But now, his Daella was returning. Well, she was at least his in his own mind.

Aegon made sure to prepare himself well for the family feast. He hated feasts, finding them completely excruciating, but knowing that the princess would be there changed everything. He wanted to be sober for this, even though his hands were itching to pour himself more wine.

————————————🌑———————————

Daella walked down one of the various halls in the castle quietly, her violet eyes glancing around as she noticed many servants preparing for the upcoming feast. She played with the hem of her sleeves upon her dress as she continued to walk, remembering every detail of the castle.