Chapter 7.

Later the next day, Thomas and Minho ran out of the Maze and over to everyone waiting at the entrance.

"Now, what the hell is going on out there?" Newt asked because they heard a loud rumbling noise

"What the hell have you done now, Thomas?" Zart asked as Thomas and Minho began to walk off with Newt and Wren

"We found something. A new passage." Thomas explained, "We think it could be a way out."

"Really?" Wren asked

"It's true. We opened a door, something I'd never seen before." Minho added, "I think it must be where the Grievers go during the day."

"Wait, whoa, whoa, whoa. You're saying you found the Grievers' home?" Chuck asked from behind Thomas, "And you want us to go in?"

"Their way in could be our way out, Chuck." Thomas shrugged

"Yeah, or there could be a dozen Grievers on the other side." Gally walked over, "The truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he's done, as usual."

"Well, at least I did something, Gally." Thomas stopped walking and turned to Gally, "I mean, what have you done? Huh? Aside from hide behind these walls."

Teresa walked over while the boys continued to argue.

"What's wrong, Teresa?" Wren asked

"It's Alby." Teresa told her

Wren looked back at the boys, then walked over to the Med Hut while Teresa alerted the boys. She made her way over to Alby, who was now sitting up on the bed.

"Hey, Alby. How are you feeling?" Wren mumbled

Alby stayed quiet. Teresa walked into the Med Hut with Gally, Frypan, Minho, Newt and Thomas behind her.

"Has he said anything?" Minho asked

"No." Teresa shook her head

Newt walked over to the bed and sat beside Alby. "Alby? Alby, you all right?"

But Alby still stayed quiet.

Thomas walked over and crouched down in front of Alby, "Hey, Alby. Alby, we might have just found a way out of the Maze. You hear me? We could be getting out of here."

Alby shook his head and whispered, "We can't. We can't leave. They won't let us."

"What are you talking about, Alby? This might be the way." Wren asked

"I remember." Alby mumbled, then glared at Alby, "I remember it all."

"What do you remember?" Thomas asked

Alby looked at Thomas, "You... and Wren.."

Everyone looked at Wren and Thomas.

"You were always their favourite, Wren. Always." Alby mumbled, "And after what you did.."

"Don't listen to him." A woman's voice went through Wren's ears, "Focus on getting out, Wren."

"Focus, Wren." Another voice said, a man's voice

Wren rubbed her eye as he head began to hurt.