Chapter 33~ Soft spot

Start from the beginning

Ajax starts speaking but my eyes snap open and my smile falls from my lips when I hear Alessio coughing from behind me, "I have to go, I'll call you tonight." I say quickly before hanging up the call and turning around to look at him.

I watch as he sits up in bed before ripping the tubes and needles out of his arms and the same with the nasal cannula before tossing them onto the ground, I cross my arms over my chest and watch his face fill with pain when he moves too suddenly before his hand grabs his chest and he coughs.

His eyes fall to me for a second before he looks away and sits up at the side of the bed, only wearing a pair of grey sweatpants. "Celebrating my death?" He asks, looking at the bottle of jack on the ground next to the couch with barely anything left in it.

His eyes fell to mine before dropping to the dagger in my hands and I rolled my eyes. I was drinking to numb everything last night. The hands, dad's funeral, Wyatt's body, my scars, my mother's hatred towards me and everything.

It was all so much last night, I just drank everything away until the only thing keeping me up was the fear of vomiting.

"Celebrating your pain," I correct him and he scoffs before looking away from me and running a hand through his hair while getting up off the bed, "what day is it?" He asks. His voice is hoarse and raspy from how long he's been out for as I sit down on the couch near the windows.

My eyes watch as he walks towards me with a lighter in one hand and a cig in the other, "December 25," I answer and he opens the window before lighting the cigarette and leaning against the wall behind him.

His hazel eyes lock with mine as his hand brings the drug to his lips and he inhales, "you got shot in the chest and you're smoking the second you wake up?" I ask him, watching him exhale the smoke all through his nose as his eyes roll to the back of his head and I see his body physically untense.

"Careful Valencia," he warns before taking another hit while running his other hand down his abs, my eyes falling to the tattoo peeking out from the hem of his sweats, from what I can see it looks like a damn dragon descending into the sky but I'm not sure of what it is because most of it is covered by his sweats. It's right on his v-line.

My eyes snap back to him and I see him smirking when he sees where my eyes are but I ignore his smirk, "it sounds like you're worried for my health," he continues his sentence as he exhales in the window's direction.

I can't help but chuckle at his absurd comment, just to wipe that cocky smirk off his lips I wind my arm back and throw the dagger right at him, he sees it coming but doesn't flinch as the dagger sticks right into the wall beside his head.

He grabs the dagger while holding the cigarette between his lips and uses his other hand to hold his chest when he coughs before pulling it out of the wall, wiping the drywall off the dagger onto his sweats.

I can tell the cigarette gives him his buzz faster because of all the meds he's on and I know he can tell he's actually getting high off his cigarette for the first time in a while so he keeps smoking it rather than stopping.

"The party is tonight," I state and his eyes stay on the dagger as he runs his finger along the edge of the blade, Nikolai didn't cancel the party because his ego was hurt that the Mexicans attacked, he wants them to attack at the party so he can murder the last remaining of the Mexican family.

My eyes can't help but fall to his left shoulder and collarbone as I see one of his most intricate tattoos, the finest lines I've ever seen in a tattoo and I'm too far too actually be able to see the detail of the gorgeous inc on his skin

"Of course he didn't cancel the party," He shakes his head with a small laugh before inhaling more of the drug and tossing me my dagger back. I take it and don't give him another look or word before walking out of the room.