To Be With You (10)

Start from the beginning

A - What is it, Brinjalhead? You didn't like the surprise? - she asked as she sat next to him. 

N - It's been two hours into my birthday, & you've not even wished me yet! - he complained as he rolled his eye lashes in such a fashion that gave them an extra dramatic effect.

Avni almost laughed out loud at the way he always became this needy babygurl when he had something to complain about. Stifling her laughter, she cut a big piece from the cake as she fed it to him & kissed his cheek languidly. Her lips placed an open mouth kiss on his cheek as she then pressed them softly against the hollow of his cheek bone. Neil couldn't chew the cake as it remained stuffed in his mouth when she worked her lips on his cheek. He just blinked his eyes when she pulled back & flashed him a sparkly toothy grin. 

A - Happy Birthday, Raajkumari! - she placed a haste kiss at the tip of his nose. Tum bas muskurati rha karo! - she grinned as she watched his ears turning pink while his cheeks looked stuffed because of the cake still in his mouth. 

Neil blinked his eyes as her words finally registered & he almost swallowed the cake down his throat as a frown itched his face. 

N - I ain't a Raajkumari! - he spoke as his forehead creased & his whiny voice only made Avni laugh. 

A - You sure are! - she said as he wrapped her arms around his torso. My Raajkumari! - she mumbled as she kissed his throat.

Neil just rolled his eyes as he hugged her back & rested his chin on her shoulder. 

A(thinks) - I love you, Brinjalhead. I love you so much. And I wish & hope that you're always happy, come what may! And, I also wish that we stay together. Today & always! Tum chahe mujhse pyaar mat karo, main toh karti hun! Main bas tumko khush dekhna chahti hun! Agar ho sake toh mere saath, warna koi baat nhi! - she smiled as she thought to herself.

N - You called Bebe & Dad here? - he asked after some time of silence. 

A - Are you mad? - she spoke against his chest.

N - No! - he sighed. I just- I don't know! - he exhaled from his mouth.

A - Brinjalhead, they love you! And, your Dad really misses you, you know! - she mumbled as she played with his fingers. 

N - I know! - that was all he could say as he tightened his hold on Avni.

________________

It was almost evening now. Neil had just woken up from his afternoon nap as the classes were quite exhausting that day. He heard his door flung open the moment he stepped out of the bathroom after washing his face. 

A - Brinjalhead? - she called.

Neil just put the hand towel on the chair next to his bed as he moved towards the hall. However, he couldn't believe what he saw when he finally looked at her - standing in front of his eyes wearing a white kurti that had some thread work on it, Neil didn't know what that type of embroidery was called, but he found it beautiful, just her like. He observed she was struggling to keep her dupatta in its place on her shoulders as she blinked her eyes frowning how the thing wouldn't just stay put! 

Neil didn't say a word. He couldn't. Spellbound, he just kept watching how surreal she looked with that little kohl in her eyes as she looked up at him. 

A - Oye! Kahan kho gye? - she asked as she snapped her fingers in front of him.

N - Uh, kahin nhi! Tum batao? Why are you dressed up? - he asked warily.