Sweet Heaven (4)

For someone who doesn't read fiction, Neil looked quite engrossed in the book that Avni had given him. He was seated on the sofa in a cross - legged position while his arm rested on the arm-rest of the sofa. He was holding the book in the other hand & reading with so much concentration as if he had an exam to give! 

Avni rolled her eyes as she sighed & tried to focus on her book while sitting next to him. She had thought that it would be fun to read with him but the man was a closet nerd! He didn't even glance upon her for once! 

N - Avni...this George is a good guy, huh!? - he said while reading! 

A - Hm! - she replied. Neil, I am hungry, let's order food? - she asked. 

N - Uh, yeah! Okay. What do you want to eat? - he asked keeping the book aside with his full attention on her. 

A - Chinese? - she pondered. 

Neil gave her a grin & ordered the food. Interestingly, they had similar taste in food. By the time they were done with dinner, it was 10 o'clock already. 

N - Uh, I..should leave now! - he said as he placed the takeout box in the dustbin & washed his hands. 

A - Hm! - she half-heartedly replied which made Neil smile at her cute antics!

N - You know...I'll bake choco-chip muffins tomorrow. You wanna come? Its a Sunday! - he literally cooed as if talking to a child which Avni didn't mind at all. 

A - Okay! - she smiled & happily agreed. 

N - Uh, so, I..I'll get going now! - he said while looking at her & biting the corners of his lower lip at the same time. 

Similar nervous habit, too!?

Hiding a small smile by biting her lips, she walked up to him until they were breathing the same air while Neil kept looking at her. Avni leisurely placed the palm of her left hand on his upper chest & softly grabbed his mouth in her right palm. She turned his face sideways & slowly placed a long open-mouth kiss on his cheek. Her lips stayed their for a while as she peppered some more kisses on his upper cheek & then his jawline, Avni could feel his racing heart beneath her palm & she could swear at that moment that she loved this feeling & would trade anything to be with him! 

It was not the first time that Neil was with a girl, but she definitely had a way of making him feel something different, something deep, something so beautiful that he never wanted to let the feeling go! He slowly placed his hands around her waist & they slid onto her lower back on their own accord. He pulled her closer as one of his palms snaked up on her back, making her shudder beneath his touch. He held her hand which was still holding his face, with a swift tug he wrapped it around his neck & slowly titled his head, leaning into her. 

Just when he thought he was about to get a taste, she pushed him back lightly. 

A - Pehle choco-chip muffin khilao! Phir aana! - she laughed out while showing him a thumbs down! 

Neil - Huh!? - he was dumbfound. He titled his head to the side & looked at her with narrowed eyes. You are one evil woman, Cinderella! - he dramatically accused making her laugh! 

A - See you tomorrow at the bakery, Prince Charming! - she said & then hastily placed a kiss on the tip of his nose. 

Before Neil could grab her, she ran into the house & closed the door while laughing. 

___________________ 

Shreya only cooked on Sundays! So, the next day Neil woke up to a delicious breakfast prepared by his sister. As the sibling duo settled on the dining table & started eating, Neil fidgeted with his fingers a little, played with his food & was only looking down at his food.