CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Taking on Rishabh's offer, I had an afternoon nap

Taking on Rishabh's offer, I had an afternoon nap. A lack of sleep made me more irritable than usual.

After I woke up I arranged my clothes in the big walk-in wardrobe the room offered, right next to the bathroom. My clothes occupied only a measly portion of the vast room. In fact, I occupied only a measly portion of the entire room. Rishabh did not need to rent out such a lavish suite.

Just beyond the balcony was a green private lawn where I sat and enjoyed the sunset, sipping on a cup of coffee I got from room service. It would be an amazing place to do yoga early in the morning.

Walking barefoot on the grass, I drew an imaginary line that divided the garden into two halves, determined not to venture into Rishabh's side for the sake of my sanity.

Peeking a bit from my side, I could see that the curtains in his room were shut closed, while the balcony door wasn't closed all the way.

His headache probably bloomed into a headache and he fell asleep. Surprisingly, I found myself taking a step over that line as soon as that thought entered my mind. Stopping myself mid-step I shook off that thought and scurried back to my room, closing the door behind me for good measure.

I found myself wanting to go into the next room and check on him. But, if memory served right, he could be very ornery when sick and I didn't like him now as much as I did then.'

So I forced myself to sit at my desk and open my laptop to check out some of the caterers in the area. I had intended to do it sometime today whenever I had some quiet time but that never happened with Rishabh around.

I saved the list in a folder so that I could show it to Rishabh in the morning. Irrespective of the headache he was bound to cause me, I could not confirm anything without his go-ahead.

Scribbling - 'Gone to Kashish's place' on a note on the hotel pad, I left it on the center table of the room. And then returned to it and wrote my number down below it in case he needed to contact me.

Seeing me waiting for a cab, the concierge interrupted my search on the phone. "Ma'am, we have a chauffeur service from the hotel if you want to go somewhere."

With it being peak hours I knew I would have a long wait ahead of me if I wanted to go by the app, I gladly accepted his offer and walked to the entrance to wait for my ride.

On the way I called the manager of a resort that I had ear-marked last evening. They were located a bit far from the main city but the beautiful pictures posted on their website made up for the travel time. The parties hosted in an old fort looked magical in photographs as if they were manifested from the pages of Arabian Nights. The reviews were great too. All in all, it had the potential to host Rishabh's charity ball.

I was told to drop by the day after tomorrow. It was later than what I would have preferred but beggars cannot be choosers. The car parked in front of my destination just as I was done with the call.