Traces of the past

She still remembers her
She remembers me
She remembers maa, so she might also remember me, ryt??
Yes, she might remember me

After knowing that she remembers maa and me, I felt a warmth covering my heart and sudden jolt of happiness within me as my heart started to beat faster. I kept on staring at her with a little smile on my face as she kept on saying something that was inaudible to me  “Mr. Jindal? Mr. Jindal? Raj”  the voice broke my chain of thoughts as I looked at her with a confused stare. “Sorry, what were you saying?” “That we are hosting a holi party, and I want you to attend it. I would love to host you please do come.” I nodded “and please bring Mr. Aman, too, with you.” she added “for sure Ms. Oberoi, we would love to be your guest.” she smiled happily, which sent a wave of happiness towards me.

Ignoring the growing warmth in the pit of my stomach, I smirked internally. This holi party will be the 1st step to my plan “soo let's go now?” “Yeah sure lemme escort you out.” we walked towards the hotel exit together as I opened her car door for her “it was nice having a meeting with you. I look forward to our collaboration.” I said, smiling a little “same here, Mr. Jindal.” she smiled, and I closed the door as her driver drove away. Ok, let's go home now and plan for further actions

Authors POV

Upon reaching home, he saw Aman sitting in his living room munching on pizza and watching something on his tv. “How in the hell do you have a key to my house?” Raj asked, taking a slice of pizza and munching on it “spare key mate” Aman replied and shifted his focus back on the TV “Oh yeah we recieved an invitation from the oberois of a holi party are we going??” Aman asked curiously “we can go if we want to but trust me they play a very very lame holi they will come to you put alittle to no color on your face and wish happy holi and that's it still wanna go?” Raj asked dryly. “yes why not this time even the royals will play holi like us let's go and we can also make sure you are the 1st person who puts color on eshaana you know 1st move to our plan.” Aman said “yes and we can also meet Angel ufff. I wonder if she still remembers me.” Raj said, laying down on the couch, putting his head on an amans lap and drifting to sleep.

NEXT MORNING:

“KYA KAR RAHA HAI YAAR AMAN EK KURTA AUR JEANS DALNE MEIN KITNA TUME LAGTA HAI” Raj shouted now annoyed as Aman was taking forever to get ready for the holi party. “Bas bas yeh dekh aagaya” Aman said, making an entry in the living room “chale hero?” “aye haye koi Bhabhi jaan ko dekhne ke liye betaabh horaha hai” Aman said, teasing only to see a blank face on Raj’s face. “Ok let's go” Aman rushed out of the door and stepped inside the elevator, and soon Raj also entered as the door closed. “kya lagta hai, will Angel still remember me?? How would she react” Raj said nervously, while Aman patted his back and smiled “she will recognize you and be very happy seeing you but in the excitement of meeting angel don't forget we are going to same place where all this revenge plot started it's the same palace.” Aman said, making Raj’s smile dissappear “Yaad hai mujhe wahi manhus javelin mein jaa rahe hai aur tujhe kya lagta hai aise hi jaa raha hu mein audhar nahi Aman mere plan ka pehela kadam ussi jagah se shuru hoga jaha yeh kahani ruki thi.” Raj said fisting his hand tightly as his knuckles turned white while he gritted his teeth together, his eyes showing rage and pure rage.

AT THE OBEROI MANSION:

The party had already started as the guest started coming into the mansion where the party was held. Eshaana stepped down the stairs wearing nothing but a plain white kurti and blue denim jeans. “hayeee bhagwan Yeh kya pehen ke aayi hai yeh ladki Eshaana ja Jake white wala suit dal ke aa jo maine bhijwaya tha tere liye aur acche se tyaar hoke aana” Eshaana’s mother shouted at her “Par maa holi mein suit pehen ke kon khelta haii.” eshaana asked confused “jitna Bola utna karo ja Jake pehen ke aa” Lata said, pushing eshaana towards stairs again. “fine fine ok jaa rahi hu” eshaana said in a bothered tone and went to change.

Raj’s POV:
As soon as I entered the mansion, all the memories of that night started rushing back to me as it happened just yesterday, each and every detail each and every screams those burning walls those police and fire brigade sirens everything came back to me as my body started shivering. “Raj shant hoja sab theek hai sab sahi hai shhhh.” Aman said, trying to calm me down as I nodded and took deep breaths, closing my eyes.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw Eshaana walking down the stairs in her white suit her hair open covering her shoulder until mid back and few strands framing her face as she smiled and I felt my heart skipping a beat. She looks like an angel walking down from heaven she just looks beautiful and heavenly. My chain of thoughts was broken by Aman as he shook me by my shoulder smiling at someone in front of us.

I looked at him with a frown on my face as he signaled me to look in front and I saw Eshaana standing right in front of us ‘wait when did she come here?’ I asked to myself but shrugged and smiled at her “hello Mr. Jindal and Mr. Aman and a very happy holi come let me introduce you to my family” she said as we nodded and followed her. “Sun Raj, I know after seeing them u might feel angry but please I request you don't lose your cool ok.” I nodded and looked ahead.

“Maa, Papa, he is Mr. Aman mehra and Mr. Raj jindal our new business collaborators.” Eshaana introduced us as I shook hands with her dad and greeted her mother.“namaste Mrs. Oberoi.” she smiled “namaste beta bahut acha laga aap aaye hamari party mein” she said ‘beta aaj bhi vasi ki vasi hi hai Lata aunty’ I smiled as Aman said “aapka shukriya ki aapne hume bulaya apni party mein.” With that, we ended our conversation with all fake smiles as we parted our ways “Mr. Jindal Mr. Aman, please wait by the pool side. we will join you soon, and the staff will help guide you to the pool” Eshaana said, calling a staff member and instructing him to guide us “thank you, Ms. Oberio will wait for you” I said as she smiled sweetly and somewhere I could say it's not fake, and that smile gave me a different feeling all together this foreign feeling is very uncomfortable to me. I walked behind the staff as if I didn't know the place by heart and when Aman took a left for the pool I went right and at the end of the hallway opened an door and closed it from inside.

Author's POV
Raj looked around the room and started searching each and every box kept there. He was in the store room finding anything he could find of his mother.

Opening the last box determined not to give up his eyes filled with tears upon seeing the photoframe of his mother and her family, which she used to keep safely.

“Maa” he whispered seeing the photof frame as tears rolled down his eyes falling onto the glass frame as he wiped the frame and kept it aside digging more into the box and takes out a half torn golden beige saree and holds it close sniffing it as he starts sobbing inaudible “maa please wapis aajao na yaar pakka promise sb chor dunga bus tum chaiye mujhe bohot yaad aarahi hai tumhari maa bohot yaad-” he was cut of by his own sob lightning the hold around the saree he picked up an old burnt and broken pocket watch and kept it inside his pocket “I promise you I will destroy this family I will destroy Eshaana and Eshan and take everything that belongs to you away from them maa I promise bas thori dun aur ruk jao” kissing the saree he kept it back with the photo frame and wiped his tears walking away towards the stable.

Upon the stable
As Raj entered the stable, he looked around, trying to find angel and stopped at the middle of the row and looked at a shiny white big horse “Angel” he whispered.

As soon as Angel heard his voice, she started to make noises and express her happiness
“You remember me baby, you know me angel, I am your best friend, your Raja. Yes, it's me” Raj said happily and started to pat her head.“I am back, baby. I missed you, angel, so so much how are you has eshaana being taking care of you see how big you got” he smiled and hugged the horse by her neck “Ok I will leave now and let this meeting be a secret ok don't tell eshaana” he said and Was about her head when he heard a familiar voice

“What are you two conspiring against me Mr. Jindal?”

Sorry for the late update was caught up in house problems and college exams and assignments.

Do vote and comment it will keep the authors motivated and encouraged

(Couldn't find any relatable somg tho if u find some do tell)