Ch. 1: The Start

A/N: ITS BACKKK this is 1 day before ichigo became shinigami btw

Life was pretty ordinary for Lucina Laurence.

On weekdays, she wakes up, has a breakdown about being late, meets up with Orihime and Tatsuki, then arrive at school early. She makes it through the day and strolls home through the park before rushing through her homework and booting up some anime or video games.

True, she occasionally saw the giant monsters with white masks in the distance, but as long as she stayed away it disappears soon.

Today was just another ordinary day.

Lucina brushed a strand of light purple hair out of her face as she made it out of school. Her old leather bag hung over her shoulder as she waved Orihime and Tatsuki goodbye.

"See you tomorrow, Lucina!" Tatsuki shouted. Lucina nodded back, before heading the other way towards the little park with an exit near her house.

It was a pretty natural park, mostly just trees and lakes with a direct pathway through it, from school to home or vice versa. Lucina breathed a sigh of relief as she entered the familiar place. It was only a ten-minute walk home, so she took her time.

She gazed at the sunlight filtering through the trees, certain she knew every nook and cranny of the place. Suddenly feeling adventurous, Lucina remembered she had little homework today.

She turned her head to a darker path that just so happened to be there.

It won't take too long.

It did take too long.

This was the first time Lucina had been on this particular path, which was surprising since Lucina often spent hours on weekends exploring. The trees overhead thickened, allowing only a thin slice of sunlight through.

Her blue eyes landed on a small cave by the path. The entrance was large enough to walk in while ducking, but not enough to let the light in.

The smart thing to do was to back away and not go into strange unexplored caves. Lucina was mostly smart, key word mostly.

She ducked down and walked inside.

The first thing she noticed was that the cave wasn't deep. In fact, if she squinted, she could see solid rock about a dozen meters in. She decided to continue being unsmart and crept further in.

Then she noticed the old shelves and several blankets, one forming a bed and the other on top of an unoccupied pillow.

'Does someone live here?"

Lucina was starting to feel queasy, so she decided to leave. Just as she exited the small cave, she ran right into something. Someone.

It was a girl, maybe 16? Her hair was bright cyan and her eyes dull pink, and she wore a simple white t-shirt and a black skirt. She had a wooden bow and some arrows slung across her shoulders, and a wild fox trailed behind her.

"Wha- who are you?" Lucina exclaimed, taking a step back. This stranger had a weapon, and could easily finish off Lucina, who might have some basic martial arts training but can't harm a child if she wanted to.

"I could ask you the same thing." the cyan-haired girl replied coldly. She sounded way cooler than her entire color scheme made it seem like. "Nobody comes this way."

Lucina took another wary step back. "U-um, I'm Lucina Laurence, I was just exploring when I came across your... home. Nice place, haha, gotta dash!"

Before she could run, the stranger grabbed her by the backpack and tugged, with way more strength than her tiny arms seemed like it had. Lucina fell headfirst into the dirt.

"You are not to let anyone know that I'm here. My name is Tayne Raveli (tay-nee ra-veh-lee). That should give you some search food."

The girl- Tayne, turned around and walked into the cave. The fox from earlier gave Lucina an almost sympathetic look, as if saying, 'Yeah, that's what's she's like.', before trailing after the strange girl.

Lucina grumbled a bit as she sat up, dusting her clothes as she walked back the way she came.

When she got home, she quickly greeted her mother before she could question the dust on Lucina's clothes and bag. The girl rushed upstairs and yeeted her bag- homework included, onto the bed. She changed into her Happy Shadow Thoughts PJs (if you get the ref ur the best) and flipped open her laptop.

It took her a few tries to get the spelling right. Raveli was easy, but she had to try Tany, Taenee, Teyny, Tanie, before she got a 'did you mean' message on Taynee.

'Tayne Raveli- harmed by accident in laboratory during rainstorm, gone missing'

It was a news article from three years ago.

Lucina skimmed through, but apparently Tayne sheltered in a laboratory during a storm and, despite the resident researcher's warnings, accidentally touched an in-progress substance. Unsure of side effects or whether the unknown side effects are contagious, Tayne was to be put on indefinite quarantine but went missing from her room the next day.

'Relatives: Ruori Raveli, unknown father'

Lucina didn't think any more of it. Her eyes landed on her bag, and with a sigh, got to work on her homework. She glanced at the time- 6:00 already, meaning she had an hour to finish off a thousand-word essay and ten pages of math questions before dinner.

'Ah, I'm screwed.'

"Lucina, dinner's ready!" It felt like only a minute later. Lucina sheepishly glanced at her seven math pages before running downstairs.

The girl plopped down on her chair as her mother, who had light indigo hair similar to Lucina, put a bowl of mushroom soup in front of her and sat down across the table. Lucina nodded in thanks and took a sip before asking, "Is dad still on his business trip?"

"Yes, he'll be back in a week, I recall. Managing a company is hard work." her mother replied. "By the way, why were you so messed up when you came back today? You were quite late, too."

The girl froze.

'You are not to let anyone know that I'm here.'

She recalled Tayne words. Her mother tilted her head curiously. "Lucina?"

"O-oh." the purple-haired girl snapped out of her trance. "Uh, I tripped in the park and had to go wash the would in a nearby washroom."

Her mother nodded, clearly unconvinced, but left it.

BONUS SCENES

Yes bonus scenes already

So yeah Tayne was changed a bit here's a pic of her (w/ gencraft)