Chapter 9

WE CAPTURE A FLAG

"What's capture the flag?" James asked, completely curious about what it was even if the meaning is very direct.

"It's a game where campers are separated into two teams and given a 'flag' which is according to which team is leading. Then, teams have to fight each other to 'capture' the opponent's flag and carry it across the border. Once the person cross, it's game over," Clarisse explained.

Many were curious about this game, it was completely different from their national game--Quidditch or any muggle sports they've seen.

The next few days I settled into a routine that felt almost normal, if you don't count the fact that I was getting lessons from satyrs, nymphs, and a centaur.

Luke informed me that Annabeth offered to take care of Greek lessons

'I don't need them.' I said, talking quickly. 'Mom taught me something.'

'Ta katafere?' ('She did?') Luke asked."

'What?' Frank asked

All the Gods looked at Sally. "You taught  her Ancient Greek?" Athena asked.

"Yes, I did." Sally answered, looking at Athena. "It's her father's language. I thought it would be nice."

Father likes it, I think" Daria says thinking of the time they converse in greek. 'He likes it when I call him Patrós' she added. 

'I do like it when you address me as Patrós 'Poseidon reveals but is only heard by her and the other Gods

"Anyway, Luke asked if mom really did it." Daria said, looking at Frank.

"Thanks."

"'O kalýteros dáskalos pou tha boroúsa na zitíso.' (The best teached I could have asked for). I replied, making him nod proudly."

"What?" Alice asked.

"The best teacher I could have asked for." Demeter translated. "You speak very well, Daria. Your mother did a great job."

"'Well done.' He seemed satisfied. 'This is better. I will take in, and change the Greek lessons with sword classes. Maybe without all the others there, you will be feel more comfortable.'

We had reached the shooting rage, where a girl was showing others campers the right position before shoot an arrow.

'Resources of glory are fit skills.' Luke told me, with a smile and offering me a bow. 'So we had to figure it out what you are good at.'"

"Not archery." Michael laughed.

"She can't be so bad." Apollo blinked.

"I can." Daria sighed.

I looked around, suddenly worried. 'I want to be very clear about this: I never done anything like this before, and it looks super dangerous.' I looked hesitantly at Luke, who chuckled.

'Yeah, but you neither had killed a Minotaur before, until you did.'"

"He was very good with you." Thalia smiled.

"Yes." Daria chuckled. "Although, it was easier kill a Minotaur than archery."

"Really?" Will rolled his eyes.

"For me, yes." Daria nodded.

"I nodded to myself, before taking an arrow and positioning myself in front of the target.