To Be With You (9)

Start from the beginning

A - You've abs!? - she thought out loud & the moment the words were out, she could see a flicker of amusement pass through Neil's gorgeous orbs. 

N - Why don't you check for yourself? - he said making her furrow her brows in confusion.

With a lopsided smirk on his face, he held her hands as he took them off his shoulders & placed them on his chest. Avni inhaled sharply as he dragged her hands along the skin of his chest, slowly descending them to his abdomen. Her hands felt warm over Neil's cold skin & he couldn't shake off the sensation the trail of her touch left behind. But before she could reach below where she assumed his diaphragm lied, a loud call was heard. 

Ali - Neil! - he called loudly taking both Neil & Avni by surprise as they jerked back from their positions.

N - What is it, Ali? - he shouted back as he looked his way with frustration evident on his face.

Ali - Help me set-up this table, yeah? Bahut heavy hai! - he exclaimed.

N - Coming! - he huffed. Gym membership ke paison ko charity mein kyun nhi de deta yeh! - he mumbled under his  breathe making Avni laugh. Meri baat par hass rahi ho? - he asked as he heard her laugh.

A - Nhi. Tum par hass rhi hun! - she played along while she looked at him with her teasing eyes!

N - Aisa hai kya? - he asked as he yanked her closer by her arm. All mischief fled her eyes as it got replaced by nervousness & her body felt tingles. 

Avni just blinked her eyes when she felt her heart thumping against her chest. It was the first time that she could see the desire in Neil's eyes that she had in hers.

Before Avni could process if it was happening for real or if she was dreaming again, Neil grazed her cheek with his as he inched his face closer to hers. 

N - Looks like you'll have to pay for laughing at me! - he whispered in her ear making her shudder as his breathe fell on her neck.

Satisfied at her reaction, he couldn't wipe off his smirk as he got out of the pool & moved towards Ali. 

However, Avni was still in a trance, & probably that was why she didn't realise when Kabir entered the pool. Laughing to himself, he shouted her name in her ears as he called out to her, startling her. 

K - Kabhi toh Neil ke khyaalon se bahar aaya kar! - he teased earning himself a glare.

Avni only answered him by splashing water on his face & then it was outright war. The two flunk their hands at the surface of the water as they splashed it on each other. 

Once done with setting the table, both Ali & Neil made their way towards the pool when Neil halted in his steps abruptly as he saw Avni laughing with Kabir in the pool.

N - Ali, tu hockey-stick laaya hai? - he asked as he fisted his hands on his sides.

Ali - Pool-side picnic par hockey-stick kyun lekar aaunga, Neil? - he asked in confusion.

N - Hm! Toh koi ball laya hai? - he asked with a frown on his face.

Ali - Nhi! Par tujhe kiska sar phodna hai? - he asked while stifling a laugh when he saw him glaring at Kabir who was with Avni in the pool. {*No! But whose head do you want to smash?*}

Neil turned his head towards Ali so rapidly that he feared he had crack a bone. Glaring at his dimwit friend, he walked away as poor Kabir became the only target of Neil's hard stare.

N - Avnii, C'mon give me your hand. Come out! - he spoke softly as he looked at her.

A - But Neil, I've just come! - she said.