Part 27

Chapter 27

BRUCE WAYNE

After nearly two months, Wayne Manor was alive once more as he strutted through the garden, inching closer towards the empty seat in front of Thomas, who, while still confined to a wheelchair, seemed to be looking quite well.

"So, how does it feel to be home?" he questioned as he plopped down on the chair. As Thomas looked up, the frown on his temple vanished.

"Good, quite good. I was getting tired of being stuck up in the Hospital," he replied as he closed the newspaper and pushed it on the table.

"You have been rather busy," he said as he pointed towards the headline, which once more as much during these two months was taken up by none other than Batman.

The mass breakouts from the prisons had filled the city with criminals once more, and the police were more or less ineffective in dealing with all the gangs and such. So, it was up to him to deal with these people.

He just stuck up a brow.

"What can I say? Someone had to step up in the absence of Gotham's White Knight," he teased, and Thomas shrugged.

"From the way, things are going, and our new Mayor seems to be behaving, that title will soon be taken from me," he said, and he was right,

The newly elected Mayor, Anthony Gonzales, was, for some odd reason, very vocal in his opinion about Thomas Wayne and how much he disliked the billionaire despite the whole city hailing him as a hero after what he and his company had done for the city at great peril to himself.

"Do you think he was behind it?" Bruce questioned about the incident that had taken place at the hospital when Thomas and his entourage had been rained down with pamphlets smearing not just his name but putting in the spotlight his relationship with Selina Kyle.

Somehow, the newspapers had gotten wind of her connection with the Falcone, and now half the tabloids were using this to smear Thomas's and hers's name.

"No," Thomas answered, his tone dark and serious, as he took something out of his pocket and swung it towards him.

"That was someone else," he said as Bruce caught what Thomas had flung into the air. It was a card. A card from Poker, the Joker.

Something which he wasn't seeing for the first time.

"You need my help with this," he asked, and Thomas didn't answer.

"I will tell you when I do," he said as Thomas leaned back in his chair.

"Speaking of that, I had a talk with Rachel about you," Thomas suddenly cut in, surprising him for Rachel had yet to give him an answer, something which was eating away at him.

This was a positive development.

"What did she say?" he asked.

"She seemed conflicted about everything; she seems to be struggling to come to terms with what you do," he told her, and he had reasoned out that much.

"I know," he replied, even as his lips thinned.

"Fox wants to talk to you as well. He wanted to visit you at the Hospital but was too busy at the company," he replied as Thomas nodded.

"Speaking of that, how's the reconstruction of the Tower going? I didn't have time to check on that," he questioned.

"It finished a week ago, thankfully the damage wasn't severe enough to damage the structural integrity of the Tower," and indeed, for while the Waynes were rich, reconstructing the whole Wayne Tower wouldn't have been easy for them.