Part 9

Chapter 9

BRUCE WAYNE

The attack on Rachel had been a surprise for him, and it worried him that a man like Falcone had placed a bounty on her head. However, whether it was because of her role as an assistant DA or because of her closeness with Thomas, who had been targeting the man with his business ventures, was still unclear.

Though, the bigger surprise had been the SOS alert he had received on his phone when Rachel had used the SOS function on her phone, and the way Thomas's eyes had glinted towards him when he had explained it to Rachel had unsettled him.

Did he know already? And if so, what could Bruce to do?

The two brothers hadn't had the chance to talk ever since, and now, as the next day rose, Bruce found himself walking through the gates of his family's company, Wayne Enterprises.

The massive Wayne Tower, iconic to the city of Gotham stood in the center, with its high-speed rail passing right through it. The lobby seemed somewhat busy. He could see people in suits walking in and out of the building, a massive structure stood tall in the center of the lobby, it was a round screen, with a foundation around it that rose through the floors, displaying the various products of their company, including his brother's latest venture into the mobile computing industry.

The technology seemed rather interesting, but he could not let himself get distracted, and he walked towards the reception, as a rather petite brunette with her hair tied in a pony tail, chewed gum, while lazily tapping away at her keyboard.

"AKHM!" he coughed, trying to get her attention, yet the woman didn't even bother to look up as she spoke up.

"Uhuh! Yes, how may I help you," said Susan, in a disinterested tone. Her name was written on the nameplate pinned to her suit jacket.

"I believe I have an appointment," he began with a smile and leaned forward yet the young lady still didn't glance up.

"May I have your name?" she asked, again eyes focused on the computer screen.

"Bruce Wayne," he replied a bit cheekily, and the young woman stilled as soon as she heard that name, and glanced up finally, her face pale as a sheet.

"Mr. Wayn...." She said, as she rushed to stand up, though he watched as her eyes moved beyond him, as a third person cut into his fun.

"I believe I will take it from here, Miss Susan," came the thick and unhurried voice of an aged man, a rather familiar one at that. And he glanced back, and found himself staring at the man who was now the CEO of Wayne Enterprises, Lucius Fox.

The man had a smile on his face as they shook hands, he was dressed rather casually for a CEO, though it didn't matter for even in a horde of company excecs one wouldn't miss the man. He just had that kind of presence as the man looked him over with a piercing gaze.

"Mr. Fox, it is good to finally put a face to the voice," he said, and the man nodded.

"The feeling is mutual, Mr. Wayne. Come let us take this to my office," and then the man led him to what seemed to be a private elevator, and as they entered the closed space Bruce cut in.

"How about instead of your office we take it to the department that has piqued my mind," he began and saw the man turn to face him.

"Applied Physics?" he questioned, and Bruce nodded, not surprised that the man knew of it.

He had been scrubbing through Wayne Enterprises files, searching for technology that could help him, and in that sense, he had found what he needed in Applied Physics. This interesting department had once been headed by the Lucius himself.