Part 10

Chapter 10

SELINA KYLE

Seline Kyle found herself sitting on a beach, relaxing as the soft wind caressed her skin. The Sun illuminated her, as the rhythmic sound of waves crashing on the shore soothed her ears.

The beach was empty, or at least it was for her. For her attention was focused on the person sitting by her side, wearing simple white shorts with an unbuttoned safari shirt, his hair wet as water dribbled down his face, his blue eyes focused on her, hungering after her.

His mouth moved, yet no sound reached her.

Until a distant shout, of someone calling her name disturbed her.

"Selina!!"

She frowned as she failed to hear what he was saying, as his lips moved again.

"Selinaa!"

Someone called her name again, and she frowned getting frustrated.

"SELINAA!"

And as she turned angrily, to see who was calling her name, the world went dark.

"AGHHH!" she screamed in pain as she felt her head hit the floor.

"Gods! Are you fine? Should I call someone!" suddenly, she heard footsteps hurry towards her as a pair of arms helped her sit up. Her vision cleared up, and she watched as Helena looked at her worriedly.

"No! I will be fine. Just get me some ice," she replied quickly as her vision cleared up. And as Helena rushed to the fridge to get her some Ice, she forced herself and sat down on her bed once again.

And as she looked around, she sighed as she found no trace of the clear ocean, the beach, or the person sitting beside her, as she found herself back in her apartment. A two-bedroom apartment in one of Gotham's rather safe corners, or at least it had become after Wayne Enterprises had built their shelter and rehab center here.

And though crime and drugs still lingered on, in the darkness of the night, people were less driven towards a life of crime when they had a way of making an honest living. However, she did have to break a few bones to get those who had been rather unwelcoming of the change that had begun to brew in this city.

Helena entered the room once again, ice and water in hand. She took the icepack from her hand and placed it against the bruise on her forehead. The cool ice numbed the pain as she took a sip of the water.

"Are you sure you are fine Selina? I could call an ambulance or...." At this she gave him a rather scandalous stare, making her frown.

"What?" she questioned, as Helena wiggled her brows.

"Nothing but from the way you were sleeping and calling out a certain name, you know maybe I could call Thom...." That was all the liberty she would allow her, that little rascal as she replied quickly and emphatically.

"No!" she said, and as she saw that devilish smile on her face, she narrowed her gaze as she threatened her.

"And if you ever mention anything of the sort to him, I will throw you out of this house!" she threatened, but the little rascal just rolled her eyes as she huffed haughtily.

"Then I will just have Thomas take me in, after all, that's the least he could do for his future sister-in-law," Helena teased her, and Selina narrowed her eyes at her, and the teenager finally buckled under her gaze as she stood up, defeated.

"Ok. Ok. I will not say anything," said Helena with another roll of her eyes as she plopped herself down on the chair, beside her table.

"Honestly, I still cannot realize why both of you aren't together yet. It's obvious both of you like each other," Helena said, and she felt her cheeks heat up and her heart flutter. Yet she pushed down on that momentary elation, as she removed the Ice and walked into the bathroom, hoping to freshen up.