Part 13

Chapter 13

THOMAS WAYNE

They reached the Wayne manor late into the night, only after the doctors had given Helena all the required treatment. The little blonde was not quite fond of hospitals, much like himself so he could sympathize with her and had taken her to Wayne manor.

The attack on Helena and Selina had caught him off guard. To be more exact it wasn't the attack that had caught him off guard, no it was the person who had attacked her. Yet he was thankful that he had taken all those precautions, and though he could tell that Selina wished to confront him about them, yet she was too preoccupied with Helena to do that at the moment.

Though one person wasn't too tired for that. And as he descended down the stairs and watched Bruce sitting down in the dining Hall waiting for him. He was tired, his body ached from the exhaustion, yet he knew that they could not push this off anymore.

Their eyes met as he entered the dining room and sat down on the chair opposite Bruce, who was looking at him with narrowed eyes. Their was complete silence in the room, which was only broken when Bruce began.

"So, you know," he began and he smirked and nodded, knowing that there was no use in pretending any more.

"I do," he replied and saw Bruce lean forward.

"How?" he questioned, and Thomas shrugged.

"I could give you a dozen reasons. The company financials at first, your orders for your suit were easy to spot," and they were, and he had to plug those gaping holes with his personal funds to smoothen it all out.

"Then there is the timing of Batman's appearance, your lack of a social life, and on and on. It was quite obvious, honestly," he said as he pointed out all the mistakes.

"No one else has managed to figure it out," he challenged and he leaned forward as he warned.

"They will if you keep going like this. Just give them time," he told him and saw Bruce's lips thin, for he also knew that he was right,

"Want to hear my thoughts about that?" he offered, and Bruce nodded.

"Make Bruce Wayne's life very public, go out, have fun. Make a splash on the news. Be just as loud as Batman isn't," he advised as he took a sip of water and saw that Bruce was conflicted at that before he replied.

"I have been offered similar advice," he said as he glanced towards Arthur, who seemed a little smug having someone else endorsing his own advice.

"Then why haven't you followed it? Afterall we are doing something rather similar with Earle right," he said as his own mind raced. And then suddenly it all clicked together as a smile appeared on his face, and he saw Bruce neasly groan as he saw his expression.

"It's because of Rachel!" he nearly shouted, and the way Bruce stiffened he knew that he was right. And saw that Alfred had been oblivious to this as well.

"Ahh, that makes sense. But have you ever thought that perhaps you could trust her with this secret," he offered, and Bruce shook his head.

"No, I will not involve her in this," he said sharply, and he raised his hand.

"I am not asking you to announce it to the world but just something between you two, and as much as you may hate it, she is already involved with us. The whole of Gotham knows about her relationship with me. Some of them even think we are dating each other," he replied, just as Bruce's eyes narrowed.

"We are not, obviously!" he quickly clarified as he saw Bruce's expression falter.

"It doesn't feel right, but I will think about it." He said, and it felt as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders as he glanced towards him.