Part 5

Chapter 5

Selina Kyle

The first time she had seen Thomas, she had thought him to be a scrawny, little spoiled kid. He was quiet and seemed rather aloof, and at first seemed nothing special.

There were many masks and faces of Thomas Wayne. There was the playful billionaire who drove fancy cars, there was the eccentric entrepreneur who was said to be the biggest rising star of the next generation, and then there was the kind-hearted philanthropist whose altruism had saved thousands of lives, much like her own and her sisters.

Yet there was another side, and it was the one he had adopted as he sat in front of her reading the latest piece of information she had just brought him. His eyes had none of his usual spark, and the ever-present smile on his face was nowhere to be seen as he read through the latest actions of the various crime families of Gotham City.

"Falcone has ordered a hit on me," he spoke with a raised brow, and she nodded.

"Yes, he has," she replied, and if it was up to her, she would have ripped the man and his whole family apart with her bare hands for this, yet she knew she couldn't. Not yet, at the very least, for Falcone was not moving alone this time. There was someone behind him, someone far more dangerous.

Yet she scanned his expression and saw no surprise or worry on his face, and her eyes narrowed.

"You expected this," she reasoned as she sat there on the bed in his private room atop the Wayne Tower, and he nodded.

"I did. After all, my charities and other efforts have affected his empire the most. I have lowered his influence in the courts and in the Police department, and with that, he is bleeding cash and losing men at an abnormally fast pace," he replied, seemingly nonchalant about the fact that the city's biggest mob boss had just made a call for his head.

"It's a ten million dollars for your head, Thomas. A lot of people will be interested in making that kind of money," she said, a bit of worry creeping into her voice.

He looked at her. The green color of his eyes appeared much more vibrant without his glasses.

"Are you interested in that kind of money?" he said with a smile, and she raised a brow.

"It is not a small amount of money," she said as she got off her bed and began to walk up to him. He still wore the suit from earlier in the day, the one he had worn to the meeting, a meeting in which she had acted as his secretary.

"Ohh, then should I be worried for my life," he joked, and she saw through the mask of non-challance and foolery. He was young, too young to fool her.

She moved forward, one-foot infront of another before she reached infront of him and sat down in his lap, straddling him in the chair. Their faces were infront of each other, and she could feel his pounding heart as she looked him in the eye.

"I could kill him, you know," and Gods did she want to. Gotham would be a much better place without men like Falcone.

He smiled forlornly as she felt his arms wrap themselves around her.

"I cannot ask you to do that," he said, and he wouldn't have to. She would do it herself in the blink of an eye. Without any remorse. Yet she wouldn't. She had promised him. After all, if it wasn't for her, she would never have been able to escape the hell she had found herself in.

"We cannot become animals, Selina, for otherwise, what would separate me from a man like Falcone," he said, and she gritted her teeth as she held his face in her hands.