Schooled

You were currently in your lab

You were currently in your lab. The lighting was dim, only the screens provided it. They had blue prints on as you worked away with metal using your tentacles. You were currently busy making something when your mother enters. She sees this work environment and sighs. Turning on the lights. She looked around. Laserbeak and Ravage run/fly to her and greet her. She greets them back and then looks at you. She sees the big blue prints and walks closer.

Black Canary: whats this your making dear?

You turn to see her and on your visor there are some words but I'm not gonna let you know what they are. Black Canary looked interested.

Black Canary: This all looks great so far but its training and I want you there to.

You nod your head and go with your mother to the training which is just the place we all go for missions near the zeta tubes and that. Everyone was there except Superboy, playing on a hologram air hockey game. I'm gonna be honest i forgot what its called anyway speaking of Superboy he happened to of just Zeta Tube in.

Zeta Tube: Recognized. Superboy, Speed--0. 4.

He comes in angrily and walks through the hologram after kidflash just scored a point. Everyone except him was smiling and you, Canary and a special someone arrived.

Miss Martian: Hi, Superboy. How was Metropolis?

Superboy walks past them and trys to leave. Black Canary speaks to get their attention. Miss Martian face fills with excitement and happiness.

Black Canary: Ready for training, everyone?

Miss Martian: Black Canary! Uncle J'onn!

She runs to Martian Manhunter and envelopes him in a hug they pull out the hug and he puts his hand on her shoulder.

Martian Manhunter: M'gann, I was in the neighborhood, So I thought I'd see how you were adjusting.

Miss Martian: A few bumps, but I'm learning.

Martian Manhunter: That's all I can ask.

Superboy sees this and trys to leave but Canary stops him by saying.

Black Canary: Stick around. Class is in session. I consider it an honor to be your teacher. I'll throw a lot at you-- Everything I've learned from my own mentors--uh!-- And my own bruises.

Miss Martian looks sad at the sight of the bruises. You see them and get concerned to. Even though you know she can handle herself, you still get worried. She is your adoptive mom after all.

Miss Martian: What happened?

Black Canary: The job. Now, combat is about controlling conflict, Putting the battle on your terms. You should always be acting, never reacting. I'll need a sparring partner.

Kidflash, even though currently eating a banana puts his hand up faster than anyone. You were bummed but hey you didn't mind that much.

Kidflash: Right here. Yeah! After this-- Swish-- I'll show you my moves.