Sharper than Knives

Start from the beginning

Those words stung, as if you could physically feel it drive a knife in, you knew that Bulk was just blowing smoke but the pounding in your head made your head hurt, and it triggered your response to fight.

Bulkhead barely had time to move before you flew from your perch, slamming him to the ground, your claws were on his throat, "not so tough now, where's those fragging tough words now, big guy," you roared at him. "Because words can't save you from the hole I'll put in your throat! Then try talking!"

You tried to hide the tears that pooled in your eyes, they were a mix of hurt and pure fury, you would make Bulkhead eat his words, take them back because you weren't what he said you were. Were you? You glanced around at everyone. He was right no one cared about you here, they all keep you at arms length because all they see are teeth and claws. They all walk on eggshells, you're not stupid, it was easy to notice, they all watched you as if you were some monster that would kill them at any second.

You were never wanted there.

There's no place for you there.

"Do it! Prove to everyone what we all know that  you're nothing but a worthless monster!" Bulkhead yelled.

You raised your claw to end him. But glanced around at the eyes on you. Arcee and Jack were more worried about you than Bulk. Miko was scared for the damn oversized bot. Bumblebee didn't know what to do, he glanced at Arcee, Ratchet and back at Bulkhead wondering if he should do anything.

Then there was Ratchet, he was tense, you knew he was waiting for the worst to happen.

Disgust was all you could see on their faces. You looked at your paws, sharp claws curled out and played upon the metal of Bulkhead next, it would be easy just a swipe. It was all those paws were good for.

Killing.

Bulkhead was right.

The energy in your muscles faded and you hopped away from Bulkhead, "frag you," you spat and turned away, "like I wanted to hang around this dump anyway." That's when the heat in your veins went cold, the mind, numb, you didn't even glance at Arcee.

You prowled out of base, glad to just be out of there.

It was where you belonged, where no one could find you. It would probably be in everyone's best interest if you never came back.

Bulkhead got to his feet. "Glad that cats gone," he grumbled as he got to his feet.

But as soon as he did a fist crossed his face, then a second hit, and a third sent him to the ground again "Proud of yourself Bulkhead?" Arcee snapped at him. He didn't meet her eyes, a mad Arcee was never a pretty thing, she may be small but when mad she was terrifying.

"We were all thinking it," Bulkhead huffed.

Bumblebee caught Arcee's arm before she thrashed Bulkhead. There was a heartbroken look in her eyes, as she tried to raise her fists again, all that progress with (y/n), she was starting to be herself again, she was starting to be happy and at peace with who she was, rebuilding bridges with the team and now Bulkhead had ruined it, Arcee knew that it was back to square one, because that cat could take physical wounds but she knew it was words that hurt her the most. Her spark ached, already knowing what was going to happen, she would stay away from everyone and she was missing having (y/n) around already . "She was just starting to come around and you've fragger everything up again!" Arcee yelled at Bulkhead. "You're a bigger child than she is, she has done nothing to you and you still hate her. She's just a kid."

"When will you get it through your head Arcee, that is not some sweet, lovable kid, it's a killing machine that will sooner or later slit all our throats!" He yelled as he got to his feet.